PDA

View Full Version : home office

jekster
05-08-2003, 01:59 PM
I keep seeing responses saying there are no restrictions from setting up a business using a home address but I too am considering this and remember reading in my charge certificate form the land registry that there are some restrictive covenants one of which says the house property or any buildings on it may not be used for trade or business of any kind!... is this possible? if so is there a way round it other than buying or renting office space? i.e. can I register an address at some place cheaply and still work from home therefore my house is not registered for business purposes and is still mainly used as a residential dwelling?

All I want to do is run an office in my garden there will be no trade as such at the house nor need for deliveries or the like its pretty much just for consultation work.

shell_livewire
14-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Hi Jekster

Having not seen the same sort of restrictions on my own property my first starting point would be to contact the land registry myself and explain what the anticipated business plans are -they will let you know if you can achieve this or not.

Good luck

jekster
14-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks, I have already contacted the land registry and been advised to see a solicitor.

I will post later on the outcome of this if its worth advising other members before they embark on setting up a business at home to check for this.