PDA

View Full Version : Contacts in Market Research Needed - HELP!!

lenie
30-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Hi,

Does anyone out there have any links with anyone who works in the Market Research industry? In particular, anyone who is involved in qualitative research such as focus groups?

I have just left university and started working, however I do not feel I am being stretched enough where I am and now feel it is time to put into practice a business idea that I've had for some time

One of my intended customers for the business is qualitative market research agencies and I desperately need some contacts in this industry so that I can send out my questionaires and test the viability of the idea?

Thanks!

elena
30-12-2002, 12:53 PM
why dont you try fresh minds

www.freshminds.co.uk

They do research and won the shell compettition last year.

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

lenie
30-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks Elena,

I have actually spoken to fresh minds before, however I was really looking for a larger company who's sole business is market research...

The questions I specifically need answering are:

1.Where do research companies that do qualitative research such as focus groups get their participants from?

2.How are they recruited? and

3.Are their companies that exist solely to provide this service?

Laura :0)

mef
30-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

I took part in some market research just before I graduated. The company was called flag - www.flag.co.uk and the research was on graduate recruitment and perceptions of employers.

The company got us together by putting a few posters up in some colleges along the lines of "Want to make 10 for an hours work?" and we replied to an email address.

Hope this helps.

Michael

lenie
02-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that contact...I'll be sending them a questionnaire!!

Regards,
Laura