PDA

View Full Version : Help with writing a Quote

james
28-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Hi,
I need to write my first quote for some freelance work including all my terms and conditions but have little idea on how to go about this... does anyone have any advise or know of any links which show examples of quotes.
many thanks

dave
28-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi Dan! You don't mention what trade you will be a freelancer for, but there are lots of trade associations that give advice to their members. If you are a member of an association through your trade try contacting them for advice as it may well be free! If you don't have any luck with them take a look at www.mindblank.co.uk as we can help with contracts, terms & conditions e.t.c. Best of luck!

kirsty
07-03-2003, 04:39 PM
James

depending on what type of work you do - try a trade association for help first as they are more likely to have developed pro forma Ts & Cs that suit your purpose.

Having said that, Ts & Cs don't need to be complex. It depends what you do - how you plan to bill (having the money in hand is the best kind of guarantee, I find!) and whether there are issues of copyright, liabilities, legal issues etc.

I tend to use a combination of trade association advise the the Federation of Small Businesses free legal helpline to check these things.

Let us know more about what you do and I can guide you further.

Kirsty

spteam
17-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi James,

I've put together template packs for a number of companies and so may be able to assist.

Drop me an email with some more information if it would be of interest.

Andy