PDA

View Full Version : How should I project company image

rees
06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi there

I'm really hoping you can help me here.

My question, in the fashion field, if someone wants to approach large retailers to sell their products is it better to have a limited company-as I have heard they value you more- or can a sole trader get their foot in the door aswell??

Something little or any direction on what i should do would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah Jones
07-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Rees

I am not unfortunately an expert in the fashion industry so the little advice I can give you is to do some more market research.

I work in a service industry and for me it certainly helped in securing large corporate clients by being a Limited Company, however, the retail industry may be more flexible in their approach. My advice would be to call one of your potential clients on a purely research basis to see if they will talk to you about this. In addition you could also research your competitors and see how many have set-up as limited companies and this should give you a lead.

Good luck

rees
07-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Thank you for the advice Sarah.

Just one more thing - do you mean I should tell them my situation openly-that I am trying to start my business- and get a feed back on that?

Thanks again

Sarah Jones
12-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Rees

As you are doing market research at this stage, certainly tell them your aims and why you are calling them - if you are not selling to them now, they should be more open to answering your questions.
If the first one you call is not interested in talking to you then don't be put off - keep trying.

Don't forget to work out who your competitors are right now and see how they are structured.