PDA

View Full Version : Writing a business plan

Hrhr
18-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Dear LiveWIRE mentors

i have just started to write my business plan and i am not sure what to write exactly. i have got a list of sections i want in my business plan can you let my know if they are ok and give me any pointers on what you found particularly useful to include when you were approaching advisers.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PERSONNEL
OPERATIONS
THE SERVICE
THE MARKET
THE MARKETING MIX
MARKET RESEARCH
SALES FORECASTS
FINANCE
PROFIT AND LOSS FORECAST
FINANCE
CASH FLOW FORECAST
RESOURCES
ASSETS NEEDED
FUNDING
OTHER INFORMATION
APPENDICES

Thanks for your help

Sarah Jones
20-01-2003, 04:47 PM
The headings that you have suggested certainly cover all the main points that an advisor will be looking for.

The main areas to concentrate on will be the marketing and finances aspects. Advisors will be looking to see that you have a good understanding of your product/service, where the market is now and what will happen to that market in the future. You should certainly include how the world economy affects your industry, what would happen in the likelyhood of a Gulf War, are you affected by the US economy and how new technology could affect your product or service. This will really give an advisor an all round view that you are taking it seriously and understand all the implications that can affect an industry during this year.

As far as finance is concerned, make sure you have researched your figures well. Make sure overheads are optomistic and sales are pessimistic and show how you intend to finance any cashflow shortfalls during the year.

A full CV for those running the business should also be included with your backgrounds and experience to back up your data.

I would be happy to review your document once completed should you find that useful.

Good luck