PDA

View Full Version : Market Research to residential persons

Cherry0
08-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi,

I have an idea for a lifestyle managment company, but one aimed at the ordinary person on the street as opposed to executives, high flyers etc. I know from my research that there is a gap in the market for this within my location, and that it would be something that many people would be happy to pay for and would require. My question is, how do I go about marketing to home owners? Would flyers be enough or is there a more successful way?
Thank you

annepink
08-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I assume you know what range of services you intend to offer and how much you will need to 'sell' and what to charge in order to achieve your businees plan?

If you do know then that should be the starting point for identifying your prime customers, ie lifestyle, disposable income, etc.

I realise there may be a lot of interest in people wanting assistance in their lives but the reality is that to make it a business proposition you need to target those with not just the inclination but also the means to pay!

Once you have a clear picture of your potential customers, you can then determine the best 'mediums' to reach them by, ie what interests they are likely to have, which 'papers' they might read.

Direct marketing is a distinct possibility (personalised letters) or maybe a leaflet delivery to targeted areas but it is likely that you will also need to sell the 'concept' and thefore you should look to sending press releases and trying to get coverage in local papers lifestyle supplements.

Hope these tips help.