PDA

View Full Version : How can I market myself to small businesses?

Mel Chapman
21-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Hello

I recently set up as a freelance marketing co-ordinator and so far I have 2 clients, one is an estate agent and the other is a motivational coach. I would like to continue to do PR for small businesses who only need it now and again and who perhaps can't afford to pay a PR person everyday, only when required. (e.g. 1 press release a week etc)

I am moving to a new area in the south soon and will keep the same clients but I want to get more work. Can anyone offer me advice? At the moment I am thinking about writing to all small businesses in the area offering my assistance as well as attending business group network meetings. Any other ideas?

Thanks very much.

MC

Andrewgadd
23-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Don't know if I should mention this as it seems so obvious. You offer a PR service, so why not contact all the local newspapers (and radio stations) in the new area, and do some PR ?
Also, Trade Directories are a great source of business information, so visit your local library, look at the various directories, and make a note of all the prospective businesses in your new area.