PDA

View Full Version : Market Research

prawlings
02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Im after starting a business offering a full suite of business software packages from accounting right the way to to websites to businesses within the UK. How do i go about testing the market place to see if the business will be viable. I have done some statistics based on national figures for demographic regions but want something a bit more solid before investing money into the business.

Thanks.

Statler
04-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi,

You could try contacting a sample of local businesses and asking if they would have found your services of use when they were in the process of starting up. Smaller businesses might be best.

If this is something you undertake, I suggest telephoning each business (a telephone call sticks in the mind much more than an e-mail or letter), and asking if they'd be willing to take five minutes out of their day (today, tomorrow, next week) to help you with some market research. I also suggest drawing up a brief list of questions which will provide you with all of the information you need.

You may also want to try finding some websites that cater for small businesses (locally and/or nationally), and making use of message boards, etc. Shell LiveWIRE has an online community of people who have started, or are thinking of starting, their own business, and if you'd like to find out how to get involved, send me an e-mail: lee.longstaff@pne.org

Lee

annepink
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
You could also approach local Busienss Link who work a lot with new small businesses and they might advise, and often local Universities are only too happy to get live research projects.

Another client option might be Marketing Agencies who will often out source their clients web work etc rather than set up their own team.