PDA

View Full Version : Private property sales and lets website

netthisproperty
19-09-2004, 02:00 PM
We are currently running an online property portal. For individuals to buy property and advertise their property for sale or rent.

We charge a one off fee for advertising space for private sales and lets. Our service is commission free and could save the sellers and landlords 1000's

We think our service is great value for money but no one has bought an advert yet. Have you any ideas to build consumer confidence and increase our sales.

Our website url is www.netthisproperty.com

please have a look and get back to us with any comments.

Statler
21-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I took a look at your site and noticed that you do have properties in the Rent and Buy sections. The first thing that struck me was that I couldn't work out why there is a Sell and a Buy section, as essentially, these seem to be the same thing. I found that confusing, and potential users may too. Also, I found some of the descriptions of the properties were very short, often just listing room sizes. Other than the pictures, there was nothing to 'sell' the property to me. I'd try and go for a consistent approach with the details, eg number of rooms, sizes of each, features of each, info about local amenities, etc.

Also, in the Sell section, it says that if people list their property on your site, they will also be listed on other 'rival'(?) sites, but this seems to be a one-way process. Do these rival sites also send users to your site?

Those are my initial comments, and hopefully some are helpful.

Keep us informed of your progress and good luck,

Lee

netthisproperty
21-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi

Thank you very much for your comments. We have recognised these issue and will be trying to improve this in the very near future.

We have been surprised how little information people tend to provide with their adverts even when you give it away for free.

Please feel free to forward any further comments as they are much appreciated.

Did you think that besides perhaps the quality of the adverts at present, that our service has potential, did you feel it was good value for money?

Ultimately with improved adverts do you think people would buy our service?

We advertise our properties on other site which do all link back to our site. They are not rivals as such as the other sites do not sell adverts direct to the general public. To advertise with the other sites. You would need to be with an estate agent who would be charging the general public hefty commisions.

therefore, we provide the general public with a targeted exposure for their property in the same way estate agents do. Significantly increasing their chances of selling or renting privately and commision free.

If an individual finds one of our properties on another site they would be directed back to us.
Thanks again for your time.

Kindest Regards

D
Net This Property Ltd

Statler
21-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I'd recommend asking members of our online community for their opinions, especially those living in your target area. E-mail me for details of how you can get involved: lee.longstaff@pne.org

Lee

netthisproperty
21-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks Lee,

If you can email me the information on how to get involved that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dean
NTP

Statler
23-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi Dean,

I'll need your e-mail address!

Lee

netthisproperty
23-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi

my e-mail address is