View Full Version : Import and sales buisness online and offline
06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm currently in the planning stages of starting up a buisness.I intend to purchase items strictly from the united states.goods that a lot of britons crave for that doesn't usually make it across the globe.i intend to start up with a small store and an internet web site where purchases can be made.I'm researching at the moment and also trying to raise the funds to start it up.just wondering if u could help me with some major problems i can encounter and the things i need to put into consideration in starting up such a buisness.thanks
06-09-2004, 03:38 PM
In order to startup in business, consider the following things:
1. Businss Plan - think about your customers, prices, the way you will market yourself, why will customers buy from you?
2. Your terms and conditions of trade
3. Business insurance - extend your contents insurance on your house if you will be storing goods and get professional indemnity insurance to protect yourself from being sued by a dissatisfied customer.
4. Book keeping - make sure you track exactly what you spend and what you receive into the business for VAT, tax and profit purposes.
5. Ensure your website is designed properly with your customer in mind. Ensure you cater for dyslexix and colourblind readers too, otherwise you loose a large percentage of your potential customers.
6. Ensure your website keywords and metatags are defined so that you appear appropriately in search engines.
7. If you are under 30 and have struggled to get a bank loan, the Prince's trust could provide you with a low rate loan to startup.
8. If you need specific advice on your business plan or marketing you can always pop in to your local business link and they can orgainse a one to one session with one of their business advisors to give you a hand.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.