PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to stock products when marketing?

msetlco
07-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Dear Mentor,

As a just started business, we are going to do equipments of the disabled. However, we haven't enough capital to stock some products. What we only have at the moment is illustrated catalogue provided by manufacturer. Can we market our product with product catalogue? How should we talk with customers? How do we do marketing and sales?

Thank you very much.

Hannah
08-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi Tangram

When researching your business idea and looking into all of your options you might want to take a look at the be your own boss section on the ww.shell-livewire.org website and register your details. Once you have done this you can access the relevant section - see link below.

http://www.shell-livewire.org/beyourownboss/main.php?catid=2&subcatid=25

Good luck

Sarah Jones
08-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Tangram

Marketing and Sales are often the easiest areas to get wrong when starting out in business.

Your business plan should lead you to the right strategy for your business and given what I know from your question you might want to look into running your business as a Reseller. This would mean that you re-sell products on behalf of the manufacturer of which they take a cut and you take a cut. This means that you would not need to purchase large stock levels to meet sales as you would order at the point of sale and the manufacturer should assist with some funds towards marketing material for you to give to clients.

If you would like to have more details on re-selling, please send your email address and I will be happy to contact you directly.

Good luck

msetlco
10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks everyone very much.

I will appreciate very much to hear from you. My email is voa12345@yahoo.com.

msetlco
13-01-2004, 02:15 PM
is there any more advices please?

Statler
13-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to have catalogues showing the products you can provide, as it would be very difficult to have enough space in the likes of a shop to display everything.

Obviously your target market is disabled people - have a think about how you can reach them.

Could you get a link to your business on the likes of the Disabled People's International website:

http://bobble.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/gizmo.cgi?action=view_cat&category=5

Also, you may want to take a look in the Sales and Marketing section of Be Your Own Boss, and see if you can pick up any tips on how to target and approach potential customers.
Lee