PDA

View Full Version : Need help with promoting an online auction website?

dragon
05-08-2003, 12:27 AM
i have recently launched an online auction service called Sm4rt Bid, which is located at www.sm4rtbid.co.uk.
i need help with promoting it i want to do a press release but am totally clue less as to how to go about writing one pleases help?
secondly i also would like to ask you for your help on writing a letter to request sponsorship?
lastly any other promotion ideas?

thank you.
help much appreciated.

shell_livewire
08-08-2003, 06:01 AM
The main idea to getting any PR piece picked up by the press is to have an angle that will attract them enough to put the piece in. PR should be short and punchy so you may find that if it is printed it will be edited from your words. At this early stage of testing the waters, I would certainly send it in and gauge the response.

You may also want to try contacting a couple of papers first to see what reaction they have to your piece. In addition, my experience shows that if you get to know the journalists involved and offer to send in articles when they are trying to fill space, they will come to you for quotes more often and you will be able to build up a regular PR presence.

hope this helps