PDA

View Full Version : Shall i set a date?

elena
18-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Hi all.

Im really sorry but today has been mega busy I haven't managed to contact shell.

Im going to arrange a networking event in london for Jan.

Would you prefer week evening or weekend ?

This is going to be in Jan.

I cant wait to see everyone?

Does anyone know of any good meeting places. I know there is the pitcher and piano in islington which is a good place where we can talk.

Or would you prefer somewhere more like a coffee shop?

By Fri we need to have a date and a venue.

Afterwards i am happy to keep a list of attendees with name and company details. Ill speak to shell about putting up a page on the news bit.

Any more ideas? What do people want to get out of this event?

If anyone is going to organise an event out of London please call me so that we can exchange feed back.

Please contact me offline if you prefer at
elena.souto@oohlalaa.com

Elena

Louise Coldwell
18-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Hi Elena,

Fantastic....cheers for getting stuff sorted!

I am up for it in London(depending on funds nearer time!)You can stick my name down...

Pitcher and Piano sounds good....We have one of them up in Newcastle on Quay Side its a good place.

What i want to get from meeting is for one will be nice meeting everyone,to gain any biz leads,swap ideas,general advice and views....will be nice talking to people that can relate to re running biz or generally going through the process...

Speak Soon...

Lou

timbrown123
18-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey Elena,

Yeah, thanks for organising this.

Somewhere more central in London would be better, ideally close to a tube station. There's an All Bar One in Covent Garden that might be better suited. It's on the corner of Bedford Street and Henrietta Street, and there are 7 tube stations nearby which makes it easy for everyone to get to. Here's a map:

Multimap.com - All Bar One (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=print&X=530500&Y=181000&gride=530264&gridn=180757&scale=10000&coordsys=gb&addr1=19&addr2=Henrietta%20Street&addr3=London&pc=WC2E8QH&place=)

Or there's a Pitcher & Piano just a stone's throw away from there on William IV Street, with 5 tube stations nearby. Here's the map:

Multimap.com - Pitcher & Piano (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=print&X=530000&Y=180500&gride=530128&gridn=180634&scale=10000&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=wc2n4dd&place=)

FYI, both maps have a red circle highlighting the bars.

Also, a weekend would be better for me, preferably a Saturday.

Thanks

ruthcoe
18-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi Elena
Put me down for it. There is somewhere called the RSA John adams street, London, where I know they hold networking events. Havent a clue what its like though.
Ruth
www.secretarialangel.co.uk

john.crocker
18-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi Elena,

Put us down for it too (John & Maria Crocker).. Weekend would be best for us..

Can u let us know via the email address below with confirmed dates/times/locations

excellent!

John Crocker
netadvances
Email: info@netadvances.co.uk
Web: http://www.netadvances.co.uk

Zozzy
19-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi Elena

Thanks for this - sounds great. I can do weekday or weekend, although on a weekday you might be able to get a reserved area/room of a bar for free, provided we spent a certain amount on drinks ... I think the Pitcher and Piano in Soho do that, and it would mean no worries about getting places to sit etc.

For you list - I'm Zoe Winfield.

Cheers

Z

kris_leeds
19-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi Elena, thanks for sorting all this!

you can count me in. Kris Chambers, KC Web Design

cheers