PDA

View Full Version : Foot in the Door

Heaven Sent
18-03-2003, 01:35 PM
I am about to embark upon a bit of market research which I intend to double as sales and marketing work since this is an ideal opportunity to talk to my target audience and understand their needs, requirements but most importantly their enthusiasm for the service I am intending to provide. My main problem is that a door-knocking exercise is daunting enough as canvassing is not an easy task. I have a major barrier in addition to this – the vast majority of residences that I have targeted are apartments blocks or flat with video intercoms even with additional restriction to the premise at the front gate. How do I get to speak to these people as I know that nobody likes an unexpected door-knock and will be more than happy to tell me ‘no’ if on the other side of a CCTV monitor! (The service that I intend to provide will mainly benefit those with the least amount of time on their hands!).

Best Wishes

Richard

Hannah
24-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Perhaps you could do a Mailshot drop in advance and explain when you wil be coming around and offer the option of arranging an appointment.

Is there no way you could do this by telephone?/

Failing that I am not sure - it is a difficult situation!

Good luck