PDA

View Full Version : London meeting

elena
17-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi all.

This is just a suggestion. Its great talking to all of you on the net. But it would be nice to meet face to face.

I know lots of you are based around the country. But would anyone be interested in meeting up in the new year?

It would be so nice to discuss ideas and have a chat with everyone.

Let me know

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

kris_leeds
17-12-2002, 02:56 PM
yeah great idea. meeting everyone wud be a good idea, but where wud it b based? i know london was suggested but is there anywhere roughly not too far away from most places in the country?

kris

Cheesy
17-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Count me in !!

Cheers

Lee

elena
17-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Fantastic,

How shall we go about this?
Where would be a good place for us all to meet?
Is there any way we can put something on this forum where people can put there name down. This way others will be incentivised and we will know the numbers.

If we get enough people together ill contact shell see what they say. it might be some excellent publicity for them and we might be able to get a round of drinks on them.

Just an idea.

What date? If we arrange a date we can then set the venue and all mark it in our diaries.

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi all...

Think thats fantasic idea....would be great to put a face to words and share ideas etc....

How about last weekend in Jan 31st..??

Said that as most people get paid end of month!!

What about Manchester/leeds....

Its pretty central.......?

Count me in..

Lou

rtjward
17-12-2002, 03:39 PM
This does sound a good idea, although location will have to be put to a vote I think to allow everyone to respond. Can't we use the 'poll' on this Forum to suggest a few different locations i.e. North West, South West, etc and then when we've collected the results we should have a good idea where the majority want to meet and then choose a Town/City within the chosen area so if it's the North West a suggested location maybe Manchester or Preston.

Taking this idea one step further, how about for each area of the country we have a group of Shell Livewire forum users meeting on a regular basis e.g. once a month as it may be the case that if the chosen area (above) is London that everyone can't make it due to time, cost etc. If we set something up that was localised I personally think that would be a great idea to bounce ideas of each other, help each other out and even generate further business!

What does everyone else think? I may be getting carried away here but I'm envisioning something on the lines of a Rotary Club where business owners/professional etc meet on a regular basis. Not necessarily with the same principles and objectives, but we could set these up between us. It would be like a meeting for entrepreneurs to discuss, help, develop etc each other. Anyway let me know what you all think and I/we could get something rolling with this.

Kindest Regards

Russell.

elena
17-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Sounds a good idea. To be honest when i mentioned this i did say london because its near to me. I also mentioned that i knew everyone wouldn't be able to meet up.

I agree with you but i going to be completely honest travelling to manchester or somewhere up north is too far. It would have to be a really good event to go that far. Money, etc time.

Im not sure what everyone else thinks but my intentions were just to meet up and have good time networking and speaking to others in the same position as me.

Theres nothing stopping having other groups and meeting up later on but to start personally I would prefer to meet people that are in London or can get to london easily.

I dont want to start a world war, im not saying london is the place but its just near to me.

Only my opinion
Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Hi Russell

Think thats fab!! Also thanks for your last reply re:Freight Forwarding..........We should talk more....you can e-mail me on LouiseColdwell@aol.com

Someone should set poll up and lets get going!

Think localised meetings would be great too.........have a feeling this will really take off.....

Look forward to meeting everyone

Lou

Cheesy
17-12-2002, 03:57 PM
I would quite happily travel but there would have to be some structure to the meeting, perhaps certain people who are already in business could give a talk on how they are doing etc..

as for venues, how about somewhere midlands say birmingham which seems to be a bit more central to people that London even though Londons only up the road from me.

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Talks are good....

Maybe brief intro's nature of biz etc swapping details or explaining about other person and what they do....................

You could have refferals etc and keep track of how many recieved and who by etc...............

Birmingham,Manchester,London are all good.......They are all couple of hours away on train..........

Lou

DZSolutions
17-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Sounds good.

Count me in, I am up 't north, but I dont mind traveling. It would be better if it were on a weekend (and close to a pay day ;o) ). That way I could make a weekend of it.....

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Hi Johnathan...

Weekends good.....better if end of month for me but hey it sounds like its going to be worth it so will get there some how!!

Barnsley Eh!

Orginally from Steel City(Sheffield)!

Lou

4c design
17-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a cracking idea!! As a Glasgow based company, there already exists a similar networking event for young entrepreneurs which works really well after only a few months and is very popular.

It is organised by Princes Scottish Youth Business Trust (PSYBT) and Small Business Gateway/Scottish Enterprise. If in Glasgow area, contact leanne.hughes@scotent.co.uk for more details.

Reckon it's something Shell LiveWIRE should actively support if they don't already.

And if I haven't mentioned before....

DISCOVERY CHANNEL, 8.30pm TONIGHT

...to view some fine samples of our work.

www.4cdesign.co.uk

4c design
17-12-2002, 04:37 PM
....oh and it's called ELEVATOR

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Will have to check that out 2nite.....

Think ya right its something Live Wire should be actively be supporting/Funding...!!

Think thats pushing luck!!

Just go for the supporting...!!

Lou

elena
17-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Im contacting Shell.

They should be able to give us some advice on this.

Louise Coldwell
17-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Cheers Elena......

Let us know how you get on..........

I'm sure alot more people would also be interested in meeting.......Great idea...

Lou

timbrown123
17-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Great idea!

I think that regional meetings would be better, especially if they will possibly be on a regular basis. We're all going to be busy at different times and we're more likely to attend a gathering if they're not too far. How about London, Manchester and Bristol?

Regarding the venue, I'd prefer to meet somewhere like a large cafe. For London, I can recommend the Waterstones cafe in Picadilly.

Tim

elena
17-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Is this in the bookshop?

We need to arrange a date, venue, whos attending?

Im happy to keep a list of people that are attending with their company names.

Tomorrow ill contact shell see what they say.

Anyone got any suggestions on a date?

Middle to the end of Jan seems good for the first meeting and then we can see what happens from their.

Look forward to your suggestions and ideas.
Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

timbrown123
18-12-2002, 03:05 AM
Yes, I mean the giant Waterstones bookshop on Picadilly. It has a large cafe downstairs and we'll have access to all the business books we need!

I'm just starting up my business, so the sooner we meet up the better. I really need support & ideas, and am happy to reciprocate. I'm brilliant with my technical skills but I need to work hard on my business skills. I've just found this forum and already it feels reassuring to speak with other independent people brave enough to go for it.

Zozzy
18-12-2002, 09:45 AM
This sounds like a fab idea - count me in. I'm in London, so that'd be best for me, but could travel a little.

Elena, well done for sorting this.

Z

john.crocker
18-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi Elena,

Im up for a networking meeting.. Im based in Oxford so anything Sort of that Area, Reading, Birmingham, London etc is good for me!

Look forward to hearing details

John Crocker
netadvances
Email: info@netadvances.co.uk
Web: http://www.netadvances.co.uk