PDA

View Full Version : Is Shell-LiveWire itself a financial source?

Viz
23-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Hello - my partner and I have an idea for an e-commerce business and have been working on a solid businss plan for it which should be completed very soon. My question is simply whether Shell LiveWire itself provides finiancial support for many of its 'mentees' or is it simply advice?

We intend to contact our nearest co-ordinator next week but were wondering whether he will only advice us on the best courses of funding amongst other other things OR whether there is a possibility that Livewire itself may be prepared to assist with a loan? We appreciate the advice none the less but I was under the impression that Shell itself could be one of the financial backers if shown a strong enough plan.

Thanks in advance

-V

Statler
23-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Hi Viz,

Shell LiveWIRE does not offer financial assistance to businesses.

However, if you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org, you will be able to access a great deal of relevant information within the Be Your Own Boss section, including articles on Finance and Funding. You will find the article called 'Sources of Business Funding' of particular interest.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

The availability of funding differs from region to region and from project to project. It will be best to seek advice and information from your local business support organisation.

Try the most relevant of the following:

Business Link (England)
www.businesslink.org

Business Connect (Wales)
www.businessconnect.org.uk

Business Gateway (Scotland)
www.bgateway.com

Invest Northern Ireland
www.investni.com

The Economic Development department at your local council may also be a good source of information about grants and loans available to help small businesses. In addition, the Prince's Trust may also be able to help.

Lee