PDA

View Full Version : The creation of a website

jmhagrh
17-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Hello.
I am currently considering producing a national website for musicians. It will focus on supplying information and contacts and any relevant or useful material that I, as a musician have found difficult or inconvinient to access/find. In other words, a sort of portal, for musicians or begginers in the same situation as myself.
I have thought about building ebsites before, but as this is a project which I would really like to give my best shot at, then I'd preferably like to get a website professionally designed etc...then I will be able to just update the content and look after the day to day running of it myself.
Please could you tell me if there is any funding available for such a roject and where I may be able to get help.
Thank You!

Statler
26-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi,

The availability of grant funding differs from region to region and from project to project. It will be best to seek advice and information from your local business support organisation.

Try the most relevant of the following:

Business Link (England)
www.businesslink.org

Business Connect (Wales)
www.businessconnect.org.uk

Business Gateway (Scotland)
www.bgateway.com

Invest Northern Ireland
www.investni.com

The Economic Development department at your local council is also a good source of information about grants and loans available to help small businesses. In addition, the Prince's Trust may also be able to help.

shell_livewire
26-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Jmhagrh

The best place to start is with your research. Make sure that there is a market for your product and that you are going to be able to find a suitable revenue generating business model. Many portals are based on generating funds through advertising revenue which leaves the business model fairly open to changes in the market.

Try and formulate your ideas a little more clearly and then if you feel that there is a way forward you could approach a web design company in your area and ask them to sign a confidetiality agreement - talk through your ideas and ask them to quote.

Good luck