PDA

View Full Version : starting a restaurant

loui
23-05-2003, 08:23 PM
i would like some advice on gaining some funding for a new restaurant in sunderlands newest up and coming area.my plan is to open a restaurant which will incorparate a fine dining restaurant,delicatessen,shellfish bar and an outside catering operation.i have a vast amount of experience in some of the best restaurants in england and various cities in euope.the theme for this potential london style "eaterie"will be modern european so as to cater for all tastes.can you help?

27-05-2003, 11:46 AM
As you are under 30, The Princes Trust is well worth contacting as they offer funding initiatives for young people starting up. For general advice also log on to the LiveWire site for a personal advisor who can help you through this mind field.

The next step is to contact your local Business Link in Sunderland as each part of the country will have different funding initiatives for start-up businesses.

You can obviously raise money through your bank but they will often only match what you put in. However, some banks do operate under the Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme and you can find out more from most major banks and the DTI website.

Finally, you could consider a Business Angle and/or Venture Capital. Your business link advisor should be able to tell you of resources of Angels in your area and details on Venture Capital can be found easily on the web. Both of these options will mean you releasing equity in your business in return for money so you may want to consider if you wish to go this route first.

Good Luck