PDA

View Full Version : How to get financial backing for a small business idea?

scott0
07-02-2003, 05:14 PM
I am graduating from university this summer and have an idea for starting up my own small business. The idea involves setting up luxury kennels for domestic pets close to a major airport somewhere in the UK. The kennels themselves will range from those with carpet and sofas for the more 'spoilt' pet to a box-standard kennel for an animal that is perhaps used to living outside. As well as offering a service for the pet, I would also like to offer a service for the pet owner. Depending on what package the pet owner has paid for, this could range from a nights accomodation, free car-parking and a shuttle minibus service from the kennels to the airport.

I am ver enthusiastic about this idea, but realise that finding money to set up such a project would be difficult to obtain. Can you suggest anything or any way which might help me gain financial backing to set up this small business plan?

Hannah
10-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Scott

You certainly sound really enthusiastic about your idea. Before you go any further how are you getting on with your business plan? www.shell-livewire.org has a whole host of information about starting a business. If you register for a pack under 'your account' you wil be allocated a business adviser who you can talk through your ideas with and who will know about funding in your local area.

Good luck