PDA

View Full Version : Customer Stories

emmalr
12-05-2005, 10:15 PM
I've been sitting down with my dad talking about his various jobs over the years. He came up with acouple of cracking stories about some customers he has had, so I thought I'd share them.

In the early ninties he worked for a Photographic Retailer. A guy called him on the phone to aquire about a new type of clear plastic film, used for filtering.
"What's it like" the guy asked. My dad, with his dry sense of humour replied "Well it's just clear plastic".
The guy thought for a second before saying "I think you're going to have to fax me through a sheet so I can see it!".

In the mid-eighties he worked for another, smaller photographic retailer. A customer came in to complain about a thermometer he had bought a few days before.
"It's two degree's out" he told told my dad. My dad said "Oh no, that's terrible. But can I ask how you know it is two degrees out?".
The said "Oh, I used my finger".
My dad looked at him and said "Well, with a finger that sensitive why do you need a thermometer?".

Any other funny customer stories?

Emma.

Eagle
13-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Thousands...

www.clientcopia.com

:)

Years ago, I worked for a DIY retail giant. This is gospel truth: a question I heard a customer ask one of my colleagues...

"S'cuse, mayt - ya got any o' them fings wot ya duz the fing wiv?

...you could hear a pin drop......... :rolleyes:

AHAEvents
13-05-2005, 08:45 AM
We had a lady phone up and ask us about our air show, she wanted to know if the Red Arrows were attending etc, then at the end of the conversation she asked "Is it an in door event?"

1stforfurniture
13-05-2005, 03:44 PM
i've been asked how if i can make a bespoke unit for a customer:

'it cant be any deeper than 17" but i need it to fit a TV of depth 19" on it'

It took hours to explain the impossible!