PDA

View Full Version : So happy!

Princess1983
22-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I thought I would share this piece of good news with everyone on the board :D

I've just got back from a brief meeting with a local paper called the "Minority Reporter" which is a free paper distributed all over my area and left in community centres, taxi ranks etc.

I contacted them about my business, launch dates and other bits and bobs and they want to actively be involved in covering the business-from now (pre-launch, me going abroad to get stock, product info, my life story) to when the business launches and beyond!

The first piece will be printed in the May issue!

And they've even said I should write about my struggles with the business and life in general from how I supported myself as a student to life beyond graduation.

They've said they may not be national, but there offering me all they can as they are really impressed with me :D

Can't knock free publicity though can you?

Also, they mentioned what was I doing to launch the company to the local community? I havn't really thought about it but the paper suggested a do at the local community centre which would provide a nice photo opp as well as a chance to preview the products. I'm worried over costs, an idea they gave me is to get a local business to sponser the launch via a buffet :D. Any ideas?

I'm so happy.

Ok I've said my bit.

How is everyone?

Princess

damion
22-04-2005, 11:23 AM
very happy for you, i'm well, thanks.

morena
22-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Thats fantastic!!

Hope it all goes well

Babs :D

elaborations
22-04-2005, 02:28 PM
hey princess,

That's such excellent news!! Well done and good luck with everything!

Princess1983
22-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Thank you for all your messages. But what does everyone think of a launch party?

natasha
23-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Thats excxellent news, well done!!!

You definately got to have a launch party, you want everyone to be talking about your product, so invite anyone and everyone you know, word of mouth is the fastest and best way to advertise.

When i open my beauty salon (one day!) i cant wait to have a launch party, i have that all planned LOL :D

Whens your launch date? are you making the products yourself?

Princess1983
24-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Thank you Natasha!

To be honest I never really gave the launch party any thought, it wasn't on the "very important" list...plus me and parties isn't a great mix (I get bored).

The business launch date is the 1st of August 2005-was thinking about having a "prelaunch" party the weekend before..so parents can come along and not worry about their kids bedtime etc as I would like them to bring kids along too :D

Yes, I'm making the products myself and they will all be safety assessed by beginning of July.

Everyone on the boards invited to the party.

I suppose I best get planning...food, DJ, displays, PR...ANY advise or ideas anyone :( ???

Princess.xxx

nikita
24-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi Princess,

That's great offer, I am sure it will help your business a lot. Congratulations from me as well! I really like your idea of a launch party...I would definitely consider doing something like that myself and would probably add things like competitions, games etc. For example, you could consider giving every visitor a ticket with a unique number on the door and then do a drawing for a free gift...Or why not come up with questions regarding places that inspired you to create your jewellery and do a quiz? You could also set a stand where visitors could try some of your beauty items for free like major department stores do...Lots of leaflets, business cards, maybe discount vouchers, own-branded carier bags, maybe even to include the details of the next themed party! :D Oh god, I can go on and on...Anyway, best of luck!:)

Princess1983
25-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Nikita, your ideas are superb :D

Which leads me onto something...anyone on here have branded paper bags done? I don't want platic ones so could do with quotes if anyone on the forum deals with them.

barefoot_boo
25-04-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.bagnboxman.co.uk/

That's the place you need for printed paper bags.

Princess1983
26-04-2005, 04:37 PM
cheers barefoot_boo!

Oh I've just returned from a panel meeting and got told my old university's HE full circle are going to give me a bursary and pay for me to be a member of the chamber of commerce oh and there even going to find me a mentor.

What are the benefits of being a member of the chamber of commerce? Might as well make the most of it :D

Still on a high...i'm so happy!!!

Shakuna
29-04-2005, 04:19 PM
That is wicked news!

Good luck with everything!

x

Princess1983
01-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Shakuna, had a look at your website. Maybe you could help me with a campaign (obviously I'd want to hear about previous campaigns :D ).

Drop me a line at princessofpop1983@yahoo.com

Cheers.

Princess

emma, 27
02-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Congratulations!

Be sure to let us know how the launch party goes - it sounds like a great opportunity to sell your products.

Emma