PDA

View Full Version : Colour Printing

Root
30-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Can anyone recommend a commercial printer for full-colour leaflets?

I usually deal with RCS, just trying to find some better prices.

Cheers

Lee

bone
30-03-2005, 04:04 PM
hi there

if you drop me an e-mail to info at fullphatdesign.co.uk ill be able to do you a quote for leaflets :)

best of luck

Martin

Root
30-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks Martin, rather than emailing the spec individually, I'll post it here for everyone to see and if anyone wan't to drop me a quote they can do so;

1,000 x Full Colour Tri-Fold brochures (A4 double-sided with 2 folds) on 130gsm Gloss stock (or higher).

Artwork supplied either as PDF or Illustrator file.

My email address is lee @ rootlabs.co.uk

Cheers

Lee

kayemdesign
30-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Sense Creative and Whitespark come HIGHLY recommended

Root
30-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Tried Sense, they sent me a sample pack very swiftly, but haven't been responding to my quote requests (over 2 weeks since I sent the first one). Their prices are good though for the stuff they have listed.

Adam
30-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Root, go to www.youcangetit.co.uk/print.php

Our prices are cheaper than Sense but they do the work for us. You can deal with us for any issues and can always get me or Phil on the boards or email/pm/phone etc.

ECI
30-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi mate.

White Spark Promotions Prices are as follows

All are for printing on 150gsm gloss. We don't print onto 130gsm for these leaflets as we prefer our customers to get a higher quality product.

We also print Litho process, so our print quality too is very high! some other quotes may be digital, so check first.

For printing A4 leaflets, Full colour 2 sides on 150gsm gloss, inc. delivery, and vat.

1000 - 230.00 (230.87 inc vat)
2000 - 270.00 (271.75 inc vat)

Our turnaround times on these are generally 4-5 working days.

Get in touch if I can offer any further assistance.

No doubt others will follow and undercut our prices, but if you like high quality print, with a great service, get in touch.

My number is 01224 289 772 if you want to get in touch.

Best Regards

Stuart Ebdy

ECI
30-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Just so you know, we can also print 5000 A6 (postcard size) flyers, full colour 2 sides on 300gsm gloss art board for 110.00 inc delivery.

Get the artwork to us on a Tuesday, and we will deliver to your door the same friday.

Just though some of you guys may be interested in our special offer for livewire board users. (until end April 2005)

Stuart

Adam
30-03-2005, 07:42 PM
As stuart says there are different products and different prices.

If you want digital 130gsm gloss which is les than 150g but more standard for leaflets then these are the YouCanGetIt prices.

1000 = 127.01
2000 = 213.86

These include VAT and delivery and will be with you in around 4 days.

The reason for the difference in price is because they are digital. This makes no real difference to the final product but we do not need to produce a total of 8 printing plates nor spend time cleaning the machine between each colour.

After about 5,000 copies, litho will be more cost effective.

ECI
30-03-2005, 10:14 PM
For litho you only have 4 printing plates, and you don't clean between each colour.

I will not deny that YCGI have great prices!

The reason Digital is cheaper is because the print require NO plates, and no clean up at all is required, and there is no real time involved in setting up for print.

With litho, time is spent setting the press up for print which adds to the cost, but also to the quality.

Suppose it really depends what you want,

Quality or a good price. (not for one second suggesting Digital has no quality, but there IS a difference!)

If its on price, I 100% recommend YCGI. Those guys are fantastic, and I don't have a bad word to say about them, (and I think it is better to give as much work to others in this community as possible)

Have a good evening all,

Stuart

ECI
30-03-2005, 10:48 PM
nb, our prices above include folding to DL (1/3 A4)

just reailised my post doesn't make that clear.

regards

stu

Root
31-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks to everyone that has responded to the thread and emailed me directly. I think I've now got it sorted out pending a few details.

Due to the volume of emails received, I haven't been able to reply to everyone individually (and I don't want to waste anyones time getting everyone to send samples etc), but I've kept printouts of some of your contact details and prices for future reference.

Cheers

Lee