PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum...looking for help.

Incepto
25-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi, This is my first post in this forum, and it looks pretty interesting.

I am currently a student, and developing my business idea and am at the moment carrying out makret research.

I really dont have much of a budget, but have the ambition and enthusiasm to make this work. I'm too young to approach banks or the Princes trust, and my family and friends are not really in a position to help.

I dont yet have a business plan, but am wondering how I can recieve funding and where from?

I'm in full time education, and a summer job is looking likely, but I was planning on spending most of the summer working on my idea. I'm not sure where to go now.

I hope you can follow this.

Thanks.

Babylon
27-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. When you have done your research and drafted a business plan let us know and I'll help you develop your idea as much as I can. If you need any free templates for the business plan, visit my company's web site.

Good luck and best wishes,

ebonny
28-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi RSS

Try Channel 4's Real Deal, they have some good information for young entrepeneurs as well as free templates to download.
You can also road test your ideas there as well as gaining advice on pitching them to professionals.
http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/R/realdeal/make_it/templates.html
Continue to work on your business plans whilst being employed during the summer (you're lucky you've no bills or mogage to pay!) so gather as much advice as you can and visit a free business advisory association that can help you move forward.

England, Department of Trade and Industry: www.dti.gov.uk
Scotland, Scottish Enterprise: www.scottish-enterprise.com
Wales, Welsh Development Agency: www.wda.co.uk
Northen Ireland, Local Enterprise Development Unit, www.ledu-ni.gov.uk