PDA

View Full Version : Motivate

simonjstone
14-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I was just working this morning on my business plan and my gf started an arguement. i ended up storming out and havent worked on it all today. i was just wondering if anyone hass any tips to motivate yourself after these things or solve the wonder of women which ever one. also any genral motvate tips

Ken
14-02-2005, 03:12 PM
get rid of the gf ?

Sherry_D
14-02-2005, 03:16 PM
good one ken!

Ken
14-02-2005, 03:18 PM
call me doctor lurrrve !

jonno
14-02-2005, 03:20 PM
know the feeling mate :D :(

Rachael
14-02-2005, 03:43 PM
:o you just put all your energy into your work because if the relationship fails at least you'll be a sucess.

what an odd first post btw

Martin
14-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I know this might sound backwards, but I've been in the very same spot before.

Now your split between the time needed to start a business, and that which your g/f would like to spend with you...

So, STOP THE BUSINESS PLAN now... just for a few days. Take your g/f out... go for dinner or pub or something..then she doesn't feel like she's being neglicted or 2nd best to your new plans. (or whatever)

After a few days your home life picks up, your mind calms down and you can think more freely. She's feeling better so doesn't nag so much (not that women nag of course :D ) ..

But from then on make sure you setup your time fairly, during the day for example is yours to work on your plans... The nights are hers..

When your business does take off you'll be happy to have someone there in support.

(Sound like a bloody agony uncle lol)

btw didn't no one tell you it's valentines day? ... Maybe she wanted a card & flowers/chocs and not a business plan lol...

Anyways, good luck with whatever you do.

Martin

BEN
14-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ken
call me doctor lurrrve !

LOL:D :D

jonno
14-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Martin
I know this might sound backwards, but I've been in the very same spot before.

Now your split between the time needed to start a business, and that which your g/f would like to spend with you...

So, STOP THE BUSINESS PLAN now... just for a few days. Take your g/f out... go for dinner or pub or something..then she doesn't feel like she's being neglicted or 2nd best to your new plans. (or whatever)

After a few days your home life picks up, your mind calms down and you can think more freely. She's feeling better so doesn't nag so much (not that women nag of course :D ) ..

But from then on make sure you setup your time fairly, during the day for example is yours to work on your plans... The nights are hers..

When your business does take off you'll be happy to have someone there in support.

(Sound like a bloody agony uncle lol)

btw didn't no one tell you it's valentines day? ... Maybe she wanted a card & flowers/chocs and not a business plan lol...

Anyways, good luck with whatever you do.

Martin

good advice :)

ogun
15-02-2005, 09:07 AM
I have a similar problem. When I am at my busiest my wife withdraws a bit and then explodes - just when I don't need it.

Talking is the obvious answer and maybe a little bribe - i.e. When I'm done on this we'll go out for a meal ..etc

Keep them sweet to buy a bit of time to concentrate on your business!

1nzvestor
15-02-2005, 01:12 PM
In many cases the other half (both males and females alike) just wants to be involved, or at least kept informed of what is happening.

Those with a non-business mind cannot understand that you will not make money instantly, thereby justifying your endless amount of hours planning and researching your business.

Set them a tiemframe, and remember to put aside some 'couple time' so that you turn the pc off, remove yourself from the office or business environment and just enjoy yourselves every now and then.

aztec
15-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Take her for a drive and find a million pound house with mercs on the gated driveway and say 'if you want that, let me get on with my business and stop nagging me'. :)

Worked for me......but now i get nagged 'when!'

Adam
15-02-2005, 07:09 PM
dump her

VLAHAKISA
16-02-2005, 12:57 AM
You evil lot!

It is hard when one becomes obsessed with their business, as you tend to when it becomes your 'baby'. I know I have to actually force myself to stop working at the end of a day.

I find that offering some consistency goes a long way to maintaining a healthy and happy relationship. Set aside time every single day for yourself as a couple.

(if she's important enough to you that is - if not, get rid and concentrate on what is important to you)

i.e. she knows exactly what time each day you have to devote to her without being distracted by your business.

For example my husband an I have a 10pm rule - unless we have to absolutely desperately work on pain of death (or very angry client) we will stop working at 10pm and spend time together before going to bed at about 12.30pm.

I've been married nearly 9 years, despite only being 31, and together over 12 years, I know what I'm talking about :-)

Spend pure quality time - give her attention. Every day.

Regards

Amanda