PDA

View Full Version : Web Site

tamcameron
04-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Would like to known what to do next after writing my on-line magazine where do i go from here. Do i Need a collection of photographs. What is the copyright issue on things like that.

Adam
04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by tamcameron
Would like to known what to do next after writing my on-line magazine where do i go from here, Do i Need a collection of photographys. What is the copyrigth issue on things like that.

Would NEED to know what you are talking about?

What magazine? It is your magazine so does it need photos? Surely you need to tell us.

Martin
04-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I think he might be asking what copyright issues are involved with putting pictures on his website ??

If there images's you've taken yourself, or paid the royaltys on then there's no issues...

If you taking images from other websites to display on your own the very least you should ask permission or risk copyright infringment.

Hot Igloo
05-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, only you will know if you need a collection of photographs or not :)

What type of magazine is it? In general, pictures help break up text and make it more reader-friendly, but whether you "need" them or not will depend on what type of magazine it is.

As for what you need to do next, well your next step is to find yourself some readers. Is it a free magazine or are you charging a subscription? Have you thought about how you're going to market and distribute it? When you say "online", presumably you have a website for it?

I've got a fair bit of experience with magazines, so let me know if you have any specific questions!