PDA

View Full Version : Long term business objective

SharonClark79
04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've had a thought recently that I think is a good idea to share with everyone.

To some it may be obvious to some it may not, but here it goes:

"Where do you see you and your business in 10 years"

Personally, I want to have sold my business and be sitting on a beach somewhere !!!

What about everybody else ?

amac
04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Personally, I want to have sold my business and be sitting on a beach somewhere !!!
Each to their own but I'm not sure that's the right approach.

JosephPriceBell
05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I respect Sharon for being so honest, I think there are lots of business owners that put on a whiter than white wholesome face of being ethical and not money orientated when a big buy out is their target at the end of the line. Take a look at the famous smoothly guys, healthy ethical etc etc but then they sell out to you know who. Lots of money usually is a consequence of success in whatever field you choose to participate in.

My personal goal is to build a world recognised brand, that is respected as a thought leader in its field & to make a difference (Cheesy alert).

MillerEnergySolutions
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM

It's a good question, it's vital to have goals and work out what you need to do in order to realise them.

Nothing wrong with wanting to have sold your business, I think I'd get really bored if I didn't have something to work on!

In ten years time I'd like to think I'd have a good reputation in my local business community and be the first point of call for anyone looking to manage their energy expenditure.

InkyNib Illustrations
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I hope to be doing what I'm doing now but just a little bit better at a vastly inflated rate.

Sticker Printing
05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Profitability is one of the most important objectives for any organization except non-profit. Company can be profitable in short-term or in the long-term depending on the nature of business

andrewpallett
06-04-2012, 10:03 AM
In 10 years I'll be well along my way to global domination! I think what Sharon said about sitting on a beach is great - she has a goal and presumably an exit plan and there is nothing wrong with that. I have goals for different businesses I'd like to set up, stages of growth for current ones etc... but most importantly I'd like a Mercedes 300 SL Roadster ;)

Best,

Andrew