PDA

View Full Version : Need a web designer

ID7McKenzie
13-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I am a 19 year old student at University studying Marketing. I believe I have a strong business idea, however, as I am a student I have no money to develop my idea further.

I don't want to get too much into the idea on here just yet, I am just putting the word out there to see if there are any decent web designers that would work for equity rather than money?

Please get in touch either here or by e-mail or Twitter.

@ID7McKenzie
ianmckenzie92@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Heather.Daniell
13-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi there,

Another option you could think about is building the website yourself. There are a number of D-I-Y website options that make this possible and relatively easy even if you don't have any programming skills. We've got a list of them in our Resource Database - www.startuplunchbox.com. We've also got a list of web designers as well. The other thing to think about in terms of putting something together on your own first is that it may make it easier to attract a partner down the road as they will be clear about the business you are developing - as they can "see" it - rather than just "I've got this great idea....".

We also did a series of articles on how to startup a business on a very low budget. We came out to 150 for startup and running costs for a year, which might be of interest for you. It's called our Startup Smart series and covers everything from web design to logos, clerical, workspace etc.

Let me know if you want any more info.
Best wishes

ID7McKenzie
13-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Thank you for that, I do have a partner down the road, however he cannot design web pages either, I do not want to do it myself as I wouldn't want this website to emulate any other, it needs to be unique, sleak and exclusive and I do not achieve from all the website builders I have looked at that I would be able to achieve this.

I am interested in Start up smart series, however, this business is going to start only through the internet, so a cheap website that doesn't function that well will be of no interest.

Thank you very much for your feedback though! I will check out the lunchbox.

ID7McKenzie
13-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Thank you for that, I do have a partner down the road, however he cannot design web pages either, I do not want to do it myself as I wouldn't want this website to emulate any other, it needs to be unique, sleak and exclusive and I do not achieve from all the website builders I have looked at that I would be able to achieve this.

I am interested in Start up smart series, however, this business is going to start only through the internet, so a cheap website that doesn't function that well will be of no interest.

Thank you very much for your feedback though! I will check out the lunchbox.

Heather.Daniell
13-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Glad to help. Just let me know if you have any queries about how what's in the StartUP Smart Series or how to use any of the databases.

ronetw
13-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi There,

I have sent you an e-mail concerning the above project.

If you could get back to me via e-mail that would be great,

ronetw
13-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi There,

I have sent you an e-mail concerning the above project.

If you could get back to me via e-mail that would be great,

Wayen
13-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello! I wrote you mail! I'm waiting for answer!