PDA

View Full Version : Webite Launch

sabten
08-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello! :)

I have created a new website for my business. And I would like to know if anyone had any advice on when to launch and go live. i.e the best ways to get a website checked.

My main concerns are ensuring the terms, conditions of the site are correct and applicable for the website.

Ensuring the website is fully accesble and easy to understand for the end user.

fyi it is a b2b service website that i am launching.

Also does anyone have any good ideas for pre-launch promotions?

Many thanks in advance

RW Campbell
08-10-2011, 09:44 AM
hi there, you could do a show to shell livewire members before launching it. so that members can tell you if you need to fix it before launching it. i hope it helps, rw campbell. p.s. could you tell me by private message what the site is as i used to do websites and i am starting my own business in northern ireland in website design and design.

dan_plan
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Sabten.

As RW Campbell was saying, you can create a post in the "Website Reviews" section of the forum with a link to your website to get some advice.

I think it is always a good idea to do a "soft launch" meaning to attract only a limited number of users and get feedback from them.

RW Campbell
08-10-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks for that dan, my old username was rw campbell website services and it was changed to this as the business has a changed name and i would rather have rw campbell than anything else.

robnightingale
08-10-2011, 05:33 PM
If you'd like to email me the URL to the site (rob[at]wetfishmarketin.com), I can send you some general feedback on the site fo' free.

If you'd like a more detailed review, I do offer a lovely site review service where I get a very detailed review over to you explaining what's working well and why, and how you can improve, with step by step instructions on how to ensure you're converting visitors as effectively as possible. The service costs 97, and you can find out all the info you need over on this page: http://www.wetfishmarketing.com/services/website-review/

:)

Combute
11-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Typically with the launch of a NEW website ideally you carry out both Alpha and Beta Testing. Alpha testing is effectively releasing your site to a controlled number of users who provide feedback, these can literally be anyone you are in direct contact with, give them the link and ask them to provide feedback.

Beta testing is launching the site publically to a number of users but also allowing public access, the recipients you would send the site to at this stage would be users you have collected from a holding page or surveys or shell-livewire members etc.

SO....my advise to you is, group together 10 - 15 users who you have direct contact with - give them the link and get them to "Break" the website - they will lierally need to use the site in a forceful manner i.e. putting in symbols, incorrect text etc in an attempt to break it and identify weak patches. Once you have done that post your link on forums but put a mark next to your sites logo saying "Beta" this just tells people to expect errors and to look out for further updates. I would beta test for about 1 - 2months.

Ref terms and conditions, privacy policy etc we can glance over them but wont be responsible if you leave any loop holes open. If they are general terms and conditions, privacy policy etc for the use of the site drop them over to us info@combute.com and drop us a link to the site and we will check that for you too.

Cheers
Rob

RW Campbell
11-10-2011, 08:09 AM
i agree with rob. send some of your friends or shell livewire members a link to test the site or put a holding page in and people will register their email addresses.