PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan for new food startup business

kanokwan2210
19-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi,

I am planning to start up and run my own resturant and looking for advice on how I can start to write my business plan...?

Thanks

Kanokwan

dan_plan
19-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Kanokwan.

Welcome to this forum.

There is something here:
http://www.shell-livewire.org/business-library/business-planning/

Something on BusinessLink:
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073869162

Personally I would also buy a book with great reviews from Amazon - or get it from the library.

jgarland88
20-08-2011, 01:51 PM
When writing my business plan I got a lot of help from University (becsue it was part of the course). But you can get a lot of help from your local government enterprise promoter, mine was Invest NI.

holo man
24-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes, it is batter to get some consultancy from expert peoples.

Richard.curran
24-08-2011, 01:26 PM
There's plenty of resources out there - Dan's links are good and you'll benefit from reading them. My own advice would be that since the business plan is an evolutionary document - ie - not a static one off piece - then you should get started by being brief and writing a skeleton outline and then going over and over the plan, redrafting it.

This doesn't have to be tedious - just small bitesized amounts. A week later and you will have made a decent start... Actually, looking at when you posted it has been about a week so have you been making progress? Good luck. Also, you can win business planning software through Shell, maybe apply for the awards next month when you're clear about what you're going to be doing exactly.

nickhumph
28-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Tons of resources, thousands of blog posts on how to it and dozens of books on creating your own. Research it out! Good luck!

dan@m4pc.co.uk
01-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Kanokwan,

Ensure you speak with plenty of people who currently run similar operations. They will be able to provide that your business plan is realistic both in terms of potential income but also costs.

I deal with a number of operators in this sector and they all say how difficult it is to make a decent profit in the current financial climate. That said, there are definately some doing it.

If your 100% confident in your idea then you should follow it but definately seek advice of others currently involved in the trade.

Best of luck!

meisage
02-09-2011, 01:11 AM
There's plenty of resources out there - Dan's links are good and you'll benefit from reading them.

Absolutely. Those links will help a lot,thus reading books would also give a big use as well. :)

My own advice would be that since the business plan is an evolutionary document - ie - not a static one off piece - then you should get started by being brief and writing a skeleton outline and then going over and over the plan, redrafting it.

Outlining your plan would help you work easier!