PDA

View Full Version : When do you get customers?

Richard.curran
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone!

I have been looking over the stats in my company and I've been talking to other companies in related fields about it too - it seems that in the driver training industry most lessons are booked on a Monday.

When do you get your business? I read somewhere when looking into direct marketing that the best time to contact someone is a Tuesday at around 2 pm, however, I would say that contacting them on a Monday sometimes works out better for me.

Of course, I have a good spread over the week and I do think that part of the reason Monday appears to have a boost is because Sunday is the worst day of the week for business.

dan_plan
04-08-2011, 01:56 PM
For some reason, I get the most registrations on Thursdays.

By Direct Marketing, do you mean sending emails or calling people?

Richard.curran
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
It was an email direct marketing article I was reading, but I think it was more or less the same about phone calls too. The point being that everyone hates Mondays and by Wednesday they're already thinking about the end of the week - the most "productive" time of the week is therefore Tuesday and the person backed it up by referencing primarily email marketing.

Possibly it really depends on the industry. For me it could be that people have just spent the weekend trapped in their house wishing they could drive away, so Monday they buy lessons. For you it could be that by Thursday people have realised just how much work they've got left to do / not done yet - due to bad planning so take action about it.

Possibly Top Table sees a lot of business on a Friday because people are looking for restaurant bookings for Friday/Sat/Sunday?

dan_plan
04-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I think you are right, Richard.

I think an email shouldn't be sent overnight because in the morning you usually have your Inbox quite cluttered and you want to clear it as soon as possible.

I think Tuesday can be a good choice, indeed.

It would be interesting to see when successful businesses send their newsletter out.

It would be *super* interesting to:
_ divide your userbase into 2 (non-overlapping) groups
_ send them the same newsletter at different times
_ check the open rate for the two groups
That would be a result very focused to your very business.

James Smith
04-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I find I get most question and queries on Mondays (ie thought about it over the weekend) and Friday afternoons (thought about it all week and finally gotten around to it).

Tuesdays is often the quietest day of the week in terms of the phone ringing and emails coming in.