PDA

View Full Version : One of my paying users works in Google - what's the opportunity behind that?

dan_plan
16-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi guys.

Last night I got a payment: a free user became a paid user of my web app.

That is already a big piece of news :-) - it's allright after all, I am still in beta and I haven't launched yet.

The interesting thing is that he is a software engineer in Google! Wow!
I found that out after googling the paypal invoice details up :-)

I have the feeling there can be a great opportunity behind this - but I can't see it clearly. Any idea?

What should I tell him? Maybe I should just ask him the same plain question I am asking here.
Or maybe I should just leave him alone.

dan_plan
16-07-2011, 02:27 PM
An update.

I have thanked him via email for upgrading to a premium account, as I do with anybody who becomes a paying user - unfortunately that activity doesn't create much overhead :-)

He replied "You're welcome - congratulations, Plancake is great! Looking forward to the new version too." and he confirmed he works in Google.

I am so excited - I have to do something here - at the very least I will ask for a testimonial :-)

Good stuff,
Dan

sainte
16-07-2011, 07:25 PM
That's great. Congratulations. I've just started up myself (see signature), and the number of tasks to do in a day is crazy. So I've signed up to plancake to see if it can help break things down a bit across the day :)

dan_plan
16-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Sainte.

Thanks very much for giving Plancake a whirl.

Personally, I feel much better and I get more things done since I started using Plancake.

Any feedback, feel free to contact me on Plancake.

Good luck with your new venture. I've just become a Facebook fan of your project.

Dan

Richard.curran
17-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Good news, great to hear it, Dan.

dan_plan
17-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Good news, great to hear it, Dan.

Thanks Richard :-)