PDA

View Full Version : Where do you work from?

Loudmedialtd
05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
So reading around on the internet and apparently more and more small businesses are working from a spare room in their house or from their normal garden shed, My question to everybody on here where do you work from and if you want to please feel free to include a picture of your setup.

independentthought
05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Home and School.

Setup: Macbook Pro, pen, paper, iPhone.

Richard.curran
05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Anywhere I can because I can work anywhere ;-) The beauty of the digital era, probably goes a long way towards explaining these statistics.

Loudmedialtd
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I was looking in to setting my company up in a garden shed lol,

Seemed the easiest way to work without interruption.

lewisbassett
06-06-2011, 06:59 AM
A spare office at home.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to my own porta-cabin in the near future!

Richard.curran
06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I was looking in to setting my company up in a garden shed lol,

Seemed the easiest way to work without interruption.

Ha good stuff, what kind of a mega shed do you own? You must have your lecky in there, I suppose with wifi these days you wouldn't need a phone line if you use your mobile for telephone calls... But in winter you would freeze to death if you did that in Scotland... That's to say if you still class your shed as a shed, we'd call it a bothy up here in Scotland if you could keep warm in a shed. And if I had a bothy I'd work in it too, but alas I've not even got a garden shed, never mind your mod con lecky n broadband flat screen hd tv gas central heating luxury bothy!

virtualrecep
07-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Virtual Receptionist, Phone Answering Service , Telephone Answering Service, Virtual Reception Services UK.
Visit- http://www.virtualreceptionist-services.co.uk

Loudmedialtd
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Ha good stuff, what kind of a mega shed do you own? You must have your lecky in there, I suppose with wifi these days you wouldn't need a phone line if you use your mobile for telephone calls... But in winter you would freeze to death if you did that in Scotland... That's to say if you still class your shed as a shed, we'd call it a bothy up here in Scotland if you could keep warm in a shed. And if I had a bothy I'd work in it too, but alas I've not even got a garden shed, never mind your mod con lecky n broadband flat screen hd tv gas central heating luxury bothy!

Ha Ha I wish i had a shed that was as great as you just described at the moment though i have a garden shed that is actually quite tiny on the outside but much like a tardis on the inside, has so much rubbish in there and still some room.

One thing though you would think that alot of pubs would offer their function rooms up in the weekday for home businesses to work from, if everyone paid 5 or maybe even 10 would be a massive help when meeting clients e.t.c

Richard.curran
07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Good idea that one! I live in Edinburgh city centre, so not much room in any pubs at any time of the day here for anything other than drinking, I'm afraid! I can see your idea working in most towns and cities and even here in Edinburgh there would be places that would like to have a few extra quid in their pockets. A lot of the problem with pubs and clubs that only open at night time is that they're relying on the beer goggles to make the place look / smell good ! ;-)

carolinem
04-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Although technically I can work from anywhere, I am most efficient when sitting at my desk in my rented office which is 5 mins round the corner from my house. I do actually have a home office too, but having that degree of separation really helps me get into work mode and crack on!