PDA

View Full Version : Getting out there

cmckay
16-02-2004, 08:08 PM
I have started a new web design / it solutions business offering many services to any size of businesses.

My main problem at the minute is having no budget for advertising and getting known locally.

So what methods do you use / reccomend to get local potential customers??

concepts
16-02-2004, 10:11 PM
hi, im new on this forum... and i am in the process of starting a new business.. but i know from my part time job in a young business, that they basically used word of mouth at the beginning!! also are there any local circulars that have any cheap rates for ads?! those bring in customers or putting up signs in your local shop! good luck!!

longplay
22-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Why not try teaming up with a local business to offer a competition (obviously a well connected local biz), free to enter, just drop in your business card (check the compo rules allow this first though), then offer the winner a basic site for free, or for a small sum a super duper site.

You get plenty of business names and numbers that are obviously interested in web sites (they entered to win a free one after all). Then just write or cold call and say you're offering fantastic rates, would they be interested.