PDA

View Full Version : In 2 minds over business name, D.I.Mike

MikeTye
23-03-2011, 11:49 PM
So I'm looking to start a handyman type business to keep me ticking over and as part of my plans, I've been thinking about the name. I thought about calling it D.I.Mike as in D.I.Y. but you let Mike (Me ;) do it for you but then I thought, am I making that infamous mistake made by Del Trotter in calling himself T.I.T. (Trotters Independent Traders)

I know DIM isn't particularly offensive/stupid but am I worrying over nothing or should I think up something else??

jgarland88
24-03-2011, 02:38 AM
I wouldnt suggest you call it D.I.Mike as no doubt people will call it DIM for short. I'd suggest a DIY pun as a name (I have always liked and used companies that I like the name of), cant think of any but if you googled some i'm sure you may find something funny you may want as a name.

alun02
24-03-2011, 10:48 AM
To be honest, the first thing that came into my mind when I saw D.I.Mike was a policeman!

lordlancaster
24-03-2011, 10:55 AM
D.I.Mike definitely sounds like a policeman.

Why not DIY Mike?

MikeTye
24-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I forgot about the DI as in police thing too! So I guess that's off the cards now but as jgarland88 says, I was after some kind of pun or play on words, DIY Mike is nice and simple as I prefer it but doesn't quite have that ring to it I'm after

I need more brainstorming I think...

DDIY, Don't Do It Yourself?

Directify? Direct to you, diverse in the jobs I'd do, rectify faults?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lordlancaster
24-03-2011, 04:09 PM
If it's a pun you want, how about

Do It Youssef ;)

MikeTye
24-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I was asking for that really wasn't I http://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/smilies/shot.gif

Lots of thinking and possibly "NiftyFix" ?

jgarland88
25-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Dont get plastered use Mikes DIY lol

MarcDerby
25-03-2011, 11:44 AM
DDIY? :-) (Don't Do It Yourself)

KoOSK
26-03-2011, 11:55 PM
DDYI is good - but you would need to put it in words underneath - Anyway whatever you choose you need the strap line - If you husband wont do it I will!!!! :)

VeryMark
27-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Our website has plenty of free information on naming, and there is a resource page here (http://www.verymark.info/?page_id=850).

Remember also that simple descriptive names can be very difficult to protect and that a new name should be properly checked out against any risk of trade mark infringement.