PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a name - STUCK!!

aaron&conrad
20-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi all,

New to the site but already found loads of useful information from similar topics etc so thanks to everyone who replies on here!

Ive read similar posts about name advice, .com advice and other similar areas including picking names and them being catchy and short! my dilemma is my list of possible names just keeps growing with none really standing out!

So I would like any ideas that people may be able to share; the company im starting is a homemade cosmetics company selling mainly my natural upmarket products made at home in the city!

any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!!

thinkingforward
20-08-2010, 08:28 PM
it would be good to get the word cosmetic in the domain name from a search engine point of view. I guess you called call your company "natural lift" (as in face lift) but have the domain as naturallift cosmetics.co.uk

First name that come into my head!:)

bill mccallum
21-08-2010, 09:46 PM
AgrarianCosmetics - TLD's all available

Agrarian is another word for natural

BackStageHire
21-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I can only think of

native cosmetics - .com, .co.uk
gone natural - .co.uk
affinity cosmetics - .co.uk

aaron&conrad
22-08-2010, 03:38 PM
thanks guys, i like those ides!!

pego
23-08-2010, 07:15 PM
natureface cosmetics

tin03gin
28-08-2010, 02:22 PM
pickyourcosmetics.com

adjust-your-style.com

scentofthecity.com

scentuk.com

streetscent.com

I like the last one (there all available)....or call it something odd like tulip moments, or fist full of cosmetics, or spongescents........

Good luck!

Mischievous
31-08-2010, 05:16 PM
While I agree with thinkingforward's point regarding the domain/seo, we always advise our branding clients to keep in mind that one day they may have a strategic change to their business that might not work with certain names eg, if you move into fashion, then cosmetics wont fit. It may be worth trying to find a name you like before adding the descriptive part (cosmetics) that way you can start to establish a brand not just a name.

Most luxury brands have a less is more approach, in which case I think Aaron & Conrad sounds pretty good!

natasha
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
using key words like fresh, rejuvenate, anti oxidents, organic, what about, "organic city" lol good luck i know how hard it is.
sometimes doing a little meditation to quiet your mind could help... lol

alun02
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Just a thought, but have you conisdered using a 'made-up', or old-language name? It's worked for Occado, Expedia, Joomla and so forth. That way you're much more likely to get, say, xxyyzzcosmetics.com, and you can build your own brand around the name - sometimes people have preconcieved ideas about certain words that could work against you.

That also work with mischevous' point about moving into different markets - the chances of you getting xxyyzzfashion.co.uk are likely, and the branding is portable.

aaron&conrad
06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
thanks!! haha im off to meditate and look up old language and made up words!!