PDA

View Full Version : Packaging design costs

Mr.T
19-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi All

I looking to package a new product for bath salts and need a custom box to fit a 1kg bag of the salts in. Has anyone had any custom packaging designed before and what sort of cost would it be?

Thanks

bill mccallum
19-04-2010, 02:12 PM
try http://www.rombuspackaging.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=84

bill mccallum
19-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi All

I looking to package a new product for bath salts and need a custom box to fit a 1kg bag of the salts in. Has anyone had any custom packaging designed before and what sort of cost would it be?

Thanks

How big will the box be?

1kg of bath salts sounds quite a lot, is it powder form or crystal?

Do you already have a brand, log, image, etc?

What information needs to be on the packaging?

Mr.T
19-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi Bill

The Salts are in crystal form, much the same is you get for a table salt grinder. The 1kg bag is the same as a bag of sugar really, you need 500g for a proper salt bath, so 1kg is only 2 bath's worth.

I haven't got a logo or brand yet, although I know I logo desginer who can do the logo, but I wanted to get the box/branding done 1st as I think that will be the most important and then get a logo designed to fit in with the box\branding.

There does not need to much information on the box accept that the salts are 100% pure, natural sea salts and maybe a line or 2 about why they are good for you.

Thanks for looking

bill mccallum
19-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi Bill

The Salts are in crystal form, much the same is you get for a table salt grinder. The 1kg bag is the same as a bag of sugar really, you need 500g for a proper salt bath, so 1kg is only 2 bath's worth.

I haven't got a logo or brand yet, although I know I logo desginer who can do the logo, but I wanted to get the box/branding done 1st as I think that will be the most important and then get a logo designed to fit in with the box\branding.

There does not need to much information on the box accept that the salts are 100% pure, natural sea salts and maybe a line or 2 about why they are good for you.

Thanks for looking

I think you need to do a little more thinking about what you.... want? ...need? ....can afford?

Will it be a basic rectangular box? Will it have a clear panel on the front? What finish?

What market are you aiming at? Low cost? mid range? High value?

How will you be selling it? Personal selling?, web sales?, retail outlets?, wholesale outlets? Supermarkets? each of these will have an impact on how you decide the type and construction of the packaging. e.g. If you are doing personal selling direct to cutomers, the packaging may not have to be too robust as it goes direct from you to the customer. But if you are selling to wholesalers then transport has to be considered, so the packaging needs to be a litlle more robust. When selling through retailers and supermarkets, they will have a clear idea on what mark up they will be looking for, so the packaging costs need to be kept to a minimum, without losing quality and will also have to stand up to extra handling.

The Assembly
20-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi,

We have worked on numerous packaging design projects in the past and would be able to provide you with a quote if required for both design and production.

You can contact us through this site or at info@wearetheassembly.co.uk

Regards,

Lee

Jarvooo
20-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Buddy

We have done many branding projects before, i can definately help with the design if you are interested. And sometimes i think it is better to have the logo done first, the branding should follow that, not vice versa :)

Regards