PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Office Advice

dcairns
16-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone

I've been costing starting an office for my business but it really isn't warranted - I work from home and can quite easily carry on for the time being. But obviously I need a business address for security and so I'm looking to start using a virtual office/mailbox service as an interim solution.

Has anyone had any experience of using one? If so - good/bad/totally useless?

Any reviews of particular companies would be very useful, thanks!!

Debbie

Joshua Mason-Allen
16-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Debbie,

I don't use such a service myself, however, the company I used to incorporate my company offer a service if you require it. I think it costs £75 for a year: and they forward you all correspondance.

www.company-wizzard.co.uk

I just had a quick look and I'm not entirely sure if they offer this service without registering a Limited company through their website. If you went limited, however, I highly recommend their service.

Hope this helps,

jjreview
16-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I have some experience with a virtual office. I use CES Virtual Offices. They aren't in the UK though.

My experience is that it's a good way to appear more professional. I work from home. I can sound pretty professional, but if even one more person answers the phone on a regular basis ... well ... it just looks/sounds better.

The office services are good, too. I don't really want to answer the phone after 5 p.m. Trying to keep work and home a little separate. So that works well for me. My office will send me an email of a voicemail (speech recognition), fax to emails, I get a mailing address to use which doesn't have an apartment number on it. Etc.

They aren't a substitute for a real office (walk-ins, and signs), but they do well in certain circumstances.

carolinem
22-03-2010, 02:51 PM
hi Debbie

Couple of things to consider on this. Firstly, is it possible to make your address look less residential? E.g. 123 Star Street becomes "Scotland House, 123 Start Street" or instead of Flat 2/1, 123 Star Street it becomes "Suite 2/2, 123 Star Street"

If it's mainly for security purposes - how well known is the virtual office address? I can pick out most of the virtual offices in Glasgow and a fair few in North London because I deal with a lot of home based businesses who use them. If being seen to be using a virtual office would put some of your clients off, it's worth getting one which is less well known or perhaps arranging a mailbox with a local business so it's easy to pick up your mail.

In terms of picking up the stuff you get sent, a lot of them offer mail forwarding or a pick up option. Figure out which one is right for you and also bear in mind that you may well get a fair amount of junk mail which you need to pay for!

Caroline

ian37a
26-05-2010, 04:20 PM
In my experience many people starting a business think about using a mail forwarding address for two reasons:
1) they want to keep their home address private and not show it on business cards, websites etc
2) they want a more professional looking address, typically in the centre of a city.

Some providers will hold post for you to collect and some provide mail forwarding. Make sure you dont get locked into a long term contract, but having said that it is not simple changing your business address so make sure you are working with someone you are comfortable with.

The other main part of a virtual office is telephone answering. This is more about looking and sounding professional so it depends on the nature of your business if this makes commercial sense for you. For instance, if I need a plumber I would normally expect to ring their mobile and perhaps leave a voicemail, but if I need a marketing consultant I'd like to think I've spoken to someone in their office.

With telephone answering be careful about getting locked in with telephone numbers. If you are going to use a number provided by a telephone answering company ask if you can keep the number if you no longer need their answering service.

Hope these observations help. We provide virtual office services exclusively to small and startup businesses with less than five people. See what our customers say www.office-answers.com/virtual-office-reviews.htm (http://www.office-answers.com/virtual-office-reviews.htm)

yourdecision1
20-07-2010, 04:58 AM
You are from an organization based in Montreal, abroad or self-employed, want to attain a certain level of notoriety and do not feel the need for permanent office space in downtown Montreal? Decision 1's Virtual Office option is right for you: it combines an array of services with the grandeur of 1 Place Ville Marie.

Admin Tones
21-07-2010, 12:11 AM
In my experience many people starting a business think about using a mail forwarding address for two reasons:
1) they want to keep their home address private and not show it on business cards, websites etc
2) they want a more professional looking address, typically in the centre of a city.

Some providers will hold post for you to collect and some provide mail forwarding. Make sure you dont get locked into a long term contract, but having said that it is not simple changing your business address so make sure you are working with someone you are comfortable with.

The other main part of a virtual office is telephone answering. This is more about looking and sounding professional so it depends on the nature of your business if this makes commercial sense for you. For instance, if I need a plumber I would normally expect to ring their mobile and perhaps leave a voicemail, but if I need a marketing consultant I'd like to think I've spoken to someone in their office.

With telephone answering be careful about getting locked in with telephone numbers. If you are going to use a number provided by a telephone answering company ask if you can keep the number if you no longer need their answering service.

Hope these observations help. We provide virtual office services exclusively to small and startup businesses with less than five people. See what our customers say www.office-answers.com/virtual-office-reviews.htm (http://www.office-answers.com/virtual-office-reviews.htm)

Can sort this out for you if needs.

OliVof
11-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi Debbie,

We know that you are keen to get your virtual office sorted quickly so that you can move on and focus on running your business. By partnering exclusively with TVOC for the delivery of your virtual office, not only can Virtual Office Finder offer the broadest choice of locations available in the UK, but we can also have you up and running in minutes with:

simple paperless online purchase
lowest start-up cost in the industry
immediate set-up and configuration

With no need for the normal 3 or 12 month contract, our 30 day notice terms with payment in arrears provide you with the most flexible and cash-flow friendly option on the market. That said, you are bound to have a bunch of questions about exactly what you get and exactly how things will work, have a look at http:www.virtualofficefinder.co.uk

petals
01-12-2010, 02:31 PM
dcairns you have taken a very correct decission. Virtual offices and serviced offices does provide good and cost effective solution for the startups. Virtual offices or Virtual addresses is very effective especially when you want to work from home and at the same time enjoy having the best address in the town in your visiting card. It indeed helped me initially when I started my business,it gives a better impresion on clients. Now talking about the company which provides such facilities are many indeed but DBS-Virtual Offices helped me a lot when suscribed its services.

Stef27
13-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Virtual office space is great for startups Debbie, as it's extremely cost effective and it also allows you options of using / booking meeting rooms at the same address if you bring in some business clients.
I've used www.companiesmadesimple.com before, and you can pretty much do everything online, tick the boxes if you want telephones or post etc.
One thing you should be aware of however, is some virtual office providers will charge you extra if you want to use the address as the companies registered address, so be aware of that.
Best of luck :)

VirtualOfficeLondon
13-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone

I've been costing starting an office for my business but it really isn't warranted - I work from home and can quite easily carry on for the time being. But obviously I need a business address for security and so I'm looking to start using a virtual office/mailbox service as an interim solution.

Debbie

Hello Debbie

Please visit our website in my here: http://www.yourcityoffice.com

and get in touch with us there we will be more than happy to help you and
best advise you.

Thanks.

adam87
13-04-2011, 01:56 PM
This is really better thing for you to use virtual office. I think it would be very useful regarding your business promotion.

Gage
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I use London virtual address (http://www.londonoffice.co.uk) for some months. Itís convenient thing if you start business at home. And i donít bother about my correspondence at all.

hestsk
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
There is a company and a guy in this thread called Ian from Office Answers.

I have had a horrible experience with these guys when i started my company. They are so rude and cant be bothered to do anything. As far as they are concerned they take your money and provide naff all service for it. I moved within a month. There receptionists even pick up the telephone incorrectly. Clare is another one who is horrible to deal with. Rude and obnixious - Aviod. Just use someone large like regus. I got them down for a full virtual office for 100 a month, very good. These office answers guys also offer a good price but sting you for time of calls etc. bill ends up at 250 quid per month!!!!!

johnnymeadows
26-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi there, i guess you can try KMC Solutions.

_____
serviced offices makati (http://kmcsolutions.us)

Decision1Account
08-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Hello Sir,
Try this Virtual Office (http://www.decision1.com/url) services, it's quite nice and very affordable for new companies.
http://www.decision1.com/

Ian-M
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Kaka
Not sure what you are referring to when you say you were advised it was not legal to to rent a virtual office. Your link goes to a betting site in the US so perhaps you have particular regulations to comply with but there are no restrictions for general business activities in the UK. Virtual offices provide a great way for small and startup companies to have a professional image without the cost of renting office space so are used by thousands of businesses. Virtual Office operators provide a legal service and are regulated under money laundering regulations. If you want to ensure you are dealing with a reputable provider ask them for their money laundering registration number.

HaldenDalton
27-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone

Debbie

Last year I was also going to start my own business but didn't have too much knowledge about virtual office. One of my friend suggested me getting registered office in scotland (http://www.bsqvirtualoffices.co.uk/registered-office-scotland.html).

With the Virtual Office now i can be anywhere in the world and still maintain a professional office.

dan@m4pc.co.uk
27-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Debbie,

We wrote a short article on this some time ago. The link to it is http://bit.ly/nLDUoT In our experience we generally find that independent providers in the local area usually provide better service at more cost effective prices than some of the national providers.

Matthewsd
14-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Hello Debbie.

I know the reply might be late, but considering that i am in the specialty, and i perfectly know the benefit of a Virtual Office, i can tell you the positive things that you will have if you will choose to make a Virtual Private Company.

1.Certificate of Incorporation
2.Memorandum and Articles of Association
3.Combined Registers Ė legally required to record the officers details
4.Share Certificates for the share holders
5.First Minutes recording how you formed your company
6.Electronic filling codes for future filing at Companies House

Also depending on the company you choose to go, assistance will be there with you.

All the best Debbie !