PDA

View Full Version : Trading and Website Names under Sole-Trader

KyokoHunter
23-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I've got a question regarding trading and website names for when you are self-employed.

I am thinking of both monetizing my online blog through advertising and starting up another website which will also make revenue through advertising and potentially user subscriptions.

If I set up as a sole trader, I understand that I have to use my own name as well as a trading name - e.g. A.N.Other trading as Miscellaneous Services.

What I'd like to know is can my website names be different to my trading name - for example, www.reallyawesomeservices.com and then have "reallyawesomeservices.com, property of Miscellanous Services".

I'd just like to understand if there's going to be an issue using two different websites to make money!

markocosic
23-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't worry.

A notice on the bottom of the site "www.reallyawesomeservices.com - a service by A.N.Other trading as Miscellaneous Services" would be plenty. Even just "www.reallyawesomeservices.com - a service by A.N.Other" and "www.miscellaneousservices.com - a service by A.N.Other" should work, where you are trading as plain old A.N.Other.

KyokoHunter
25-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks - I'll make sure to include something along those lines.