PDA

View Full Version : Places to find staff

oligibson
18-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I need a little advice and hope that someone here might be able to help me.

I'm starting up a football coaching business and already have two out of the three coaches I need. Both of these people I meet through a friend. Now I need one more coach which is slightly better qualified and has had some previous experience.

Does anyone know any good places to advertise jobs (especially more casual work like this) that don't charge you a fortune to do so and if you've had success using those services it would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance guys.

Oli

lordlancaster
18-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi Oli,

Take a look at the Sport England website (www.sportengland.org (http://www.sportengland.org)). I think they can help you raise awareness of your project / scheme and therefore help recruit coaches...

Mark Mcleod
18-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Oli

As a keen footballer myself and qualified coach I am interested in how your business will work as I myself have pondered with the idea. Will it be similar to a summer camp and/or will you provide coaching to various teams in your area?

In regards to advertising there should be a local authority who you can contact. I completed my badges through the Scottish Football Association so I would contact them for possible candidates. In my experiences through the game I have found many lads who have not secured a professional contract turn to coaching so you should not have any shortages.

I myself am an accountant and when I was first starting out I advertised on websites such as gumtree which is free. I gained my first two clients through this site. It's also easy enough to advertise on the many social networking sites.

Hope this helps

Mark McLeod
www.scotiaaccounting.co.uk

Hi Guys,

I need a little advice and hope that someone here might be able to help me.

I'm starting up a football coaching business and already have two out of the three coaches I need. Both of these people I meet through a friend. Now I need one more coach which is slightly better qualified and has had some previous experience.

Does anyone know any good places to advertise jobs (especially more casual work like this) that don't charge you a fortune to do so and if you've had success using those services it would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance guys.

Oli

ayathullah
18-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Local colleges offering professional football qualifications, such as the FA Level 1, usually are looking for businesses to take on their newly qualified coaches. Try to find a college like this and the added bonus is that you may have about 15 people to choose from. Good Luck.

oligibson
21-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I have advertised on Gumtree and come back with some pretty good applicants. Also I will look into approaching colleges although I am looking for someone with previous experience.