PDA

View Full Version : Student Level Web Designer Wanted

WebTechGlobal
24-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey,

I post threads like this on forums all the time and despite a so called job shortage I get very little replies. However here I am as usual to try, try and try again huh :)

I finished Uni just last year and already busy with Web Design work. Too much for me to handle so I need a little helping hand here and there.

To give you an idea what I pay, because I am reasonable. I paid a girl 75 to create 8 banners for Google AdSense. A Uni student good with Photoshop should be able to pull that off in 2-3 hours. So even if you pay your TAX and I hope you do! You will still walk away with a 15 an hour task.

I'm looking for everything. PHP, graphics, Flash you name it. Mostly PHP and a lot of Wordpress php which is simply a CMS packed with ready made functions. I want to be able to drop off a snippet of about 200 lines in an email and say "please condense that code, make it more effeciant where possible, thank you". Then pay you by Paypal.

Email info@webtechglobal.co.uk if your interested.

Tasks I need done right now are some API scripts written. Multiple settings in and data out. Should be simple for a lot of people but I don't want copied scripts I want a student to work hard and learn like I did that way we can maybe become partners on the projects I make good money from.

Thanks
Ryan

Jarvooo
25-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I would highly reccomend People Per Hour for this listing buddy, you will find lots of people on their willing to commit to this type of work.

liams7
25-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Try gumtree. You will probably get a few from there.

cmrule
27-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a good opportunity for someone.
If you have no luck perhaps try contacting your local Uni's - I know that when I was working at a Univ it was great to take these calls and I am sure they would be more that willing to pass your details on to the good students. We were always looking to make contacts in the 'real world'.
Failing that - the student job shops at Uni might also be a good place to put an advert up - I got quite a few AdHoc jobs through there when I was a student.

Jarvooo
27-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I know a decent web guy actually always looking for work - give me your email address and ill pass it on so he can contact you :)

WTG
29-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm on every freelance site going but advertising small projects on there gets attention from people I don't want bugging me everyday. I think we know the type of people I'm on about, well if your a developer. I got 10 emails one day from the same company in India constantly bugging me about their proposal. Those kind of companies I can do without contacting me.

I tried Abertay Uni forum, thread got blocked because its classed as advertising! I was like wtf I'm trying to offer some cash in hand to students like I was their just last year. Plus the experiance on their portfolio is better than uni work on portfolio. Typical huh, always someone, some rule to take you a step back for every two you take forward.

My email is info@webtechglobal.co.uk

Happy to get an email from anyone in the UK not outside. I want a higher chance of meeting people and I don't plan on getting a plane every couple of months to talk about a 1000 page script. So no one outside the UK email me please.

Thanks I think that covered the lot, thanks guys
Ryan

ccyy
29-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Maybe it's a good chance ,you should have a try.