PDA

View Full Version : Site Certification

CDG
20-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi All,

I am looking into getting some external "trust" certifications for my site, Geotrust etc to find out if theres anything I need to be addressing but also to help with visitor conversion.

Does anyone have any experience of this process? Is there a "good one" to go for?
I use Paypal as a payment processor.

Cheers.
Chris

ronetw
20-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi All,

I am looking into getting some external "trust" certifications for my site, Geotrust etc to find out if theres anything I need to be addressing but also to help with visitor conversion.

Does anyone have any experience of this process? Is there a "good one" to go for?
I use Paypal as a payment processor.

Cheers.
Chris

I think, PayPal has it's own secure Payment Processor? If you were looking to setup your own shopping cart and checkout system then you would need to consider installing one. I'd recommend you use either GoDaddy or Hostgator for SSL certificates.

Hope this helps

MH-Nick
20-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Not quite sure what you're after here. When referring to "external "trust" certifications for my site, Geotrust etc" I'm assuming you mean an SSL certificate? These can be easily purchased (usually from your host, and they might be funny about installing SSL certs you purchased externally). This could help with visitor/sales conversion in the way of ensuring confidence (SSL connections to your client login areas - these are important). As you mentioned PayPal as your payment gateway, there is no direct need for an SSL to be used with this (but as I mentioned before, if you have a client area they need to login to its strongly advised).

ayathullah
21-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I would recommen verisign. check their site.

liams7
22-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Any external payment gateway will have there own certificate.

If you are looking to install trust in your customers just make sure you use an ssl certificate

liams7
22-01-2010, 09:51 PM
if you have poor coversion its more likely your marketing or site rather than security