PDA

View Full Version : Atkins peoducts

Atkins Products
10-01-2004, 01:57 PM
i have come up with the idea of supplying atkins products to people. The products are the atkins health bars, drinks etc the problem is i dont know how to sell them i dont want to open up a shop as i dont have much funds what would be a good way to sell them. and is this a good idea

hollyyetmore
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I would contact the Atkins company and enquire about franchise schemes, there may be a way to sell them on line or through health clubs?

Netcomm UK
10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Look into selling online as this way you keep your start-up and operating costs to a minimum.

I can help with setting up an online store if that's the way you decided to go. Check out my template site in my sig.

Atkins Products
10-01-2004, 04:12 PM
I think i would be looking into marketing online but the problem is will they sell as easily online ?, also theres the fac of a website needed and i hav few funds to put into a website let alone with a xart to be able to sell them

Netcomm UK
10-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Take a look at www.oscommerce.com.

It's free shopping cart software that runs PHP and MySQL. If you don't know anything about those languages then I can help.

If you sell online, you'll be promoting to a much larger audience and if you get your search engine optimisation right (either I or James from A4 Internet) can help you there.

You just need to make sure you have a good supply and have worked out your logistics as well.

I do make it sound easy there but it is really. What have you got to lose by having a go? A bit of stock and some hosting and domain name.

HTH

Paul

Phil
10-01-2004, 06:30 PM
also think about opening up an eBay store as an extra front to your standard website store. This can generate extra sales on ebay, and also generate extra awareness from people following your ebay store to your normal website store.

Here's an example of what I mean (random site):

Normal Store: http://www.sportsicons.co.uk

eBay Store of the same site: http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/sportsiconsshop

:)

Phil
10-01-2004, 06:32 PM
I do make it sound easy there but it is really. What have you got to lose by having a go? A bit of stock and some hosting and domain name.

You could even start on eBay alone, therefore you'd require very little stock, wouldn't need to have a domain or hosting, and wouldn't need to fork out any initial costs on a full website.

I would recommend though that you have a profesionally designed ebay auction template to make your auctions stand out from others. I, or any other webdesigners on here I'm sure, would be more than happy do design you one for a small fee.

herewego
11-01-2004, 12:09 AM
hi

i would do some really marketing into this.
with all the negative feedback atkins has had in recent months maybe a damp squib from the start.

however our company prides it self on searching for cheapest deals on the net ,we do have an online shop if you are competitive in pricing we may sell your products for you however we do charge a small admin fee per item that is sold.

could be a start for you though.

contact me and we could possibly sort something.

marketing@1stop2shop.co.uk

lee_simpson
11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Do what everyone else seems to be doin and invent a diet all of your own. Then sell products that fall in line with that diet....

Or set up a website for people who are desperate to lose weight or get healthy. They sign up for a fee then every time there is a new diet out on the market you inform then of the disiplins and advise them on products. And you can sell the products from the site.

yes or no?

lee

Phil
11-01-2004, 02:33 PM
I actually think that's a better idea. The atkins fad will pass very soon and once it has, you won't be able to sell any of your products. Diversifying into other diets would be more reliable and offering general good health advice will never go out of fashion.

Atkins Products
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
wot other well known new diets are there ?

Phil
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
well there was that cabbage soup one, weightwatchers, low carb diet, low fat diet, high fish diet, plus the eat sensibly and do exercise diet :)

lee_simpson
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
you carnt really say "what diets are?" their for a company of that sort, what you should really say is "what diets are there goin to be?"
then you'll be one step ahead...

lee

Atkins Products
11-01-2004, 03:36 PM
ok then what diets are there going to be

lee_simpson
11-01-2004, 03:39 PM
well see to find that answer you've got to do ya home work.

hollyyetmore
11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't mean to be horrible, I really, really don't, but I think if you're considering going into business selling the products of Atkins, you need to be prepared for customers saying "well, how is Atkins better than the blood group diet?" and having a good answer, in other words you need to gen up on what is out there, what diets you may want to 'poach' people from, emerging fads (comb the us sites and deffo take a good look at whats happening in eastern cultures, increasingly diets and lifestyles are being adopted by the west long after the east has honed those techniques). In short, I agree, do your homework and this could pay dividends.

lee_simpson
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Research into were these diets have come from, may lead you into being able to see were the next one is coming from!

Netcomm UK
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Might be worth contacting The Sun and Mirror as they both had good articles after Xmas. I think The Sun marked 10 different diets as to what the experts thought and how well they worked.

hollyyetmore
11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
good idea, and check out women's mags, they're always talking about new diets, especially the health/beauty ones like top santé.

lee_simpson
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Try and revive old diets and sell those?

ktm1980
14-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi!

As an Atkins follower myself, I can tell you that Boots are now selling Atkins products in their stores, and there are also quite a few various other online shops based in the UK that sell Atkins/low carb products.

However, of course you can always sell products that your competitors don't.

Good luck!

Kat

Netcomm UK
14-01-2004, 09:35 PM
There was a big page as an advert for Atkins today in the sun. if you want the url they were advertising, then shout and I'll post.

gwhaskew
22-01-2004, 04:25 PM
are you solely wanting to sell other firm's products or to make your own? if you are thinking of making your own i have a great idea for you, that i was thinking of myself about a few months ago but it is quite a big idea.

G

kinster
23-01-2004, 11:21 AM
The first rule is to come up with an idea
Next is to see if it is feasible using market research.

Use real marketing tools like mintel.com

From market research you'll find if there is a market for your product/service.