PDA

View Full Version : The difference a year makes!

nooma42
10-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Hu guys,

Its been a while since I last posted. I thought I would give you an update on how things have progressed.

A year ago I posted on here that I was working at an SEO company here in Newcastle. It was my dream job, but it turned into a complete nightmare. I left because I couldn't cope with the unethical comments my boss was making and was quite depressed for a long time about the whole situation.
I started that job exactly a year ago today.

When I left I went on incapacity benefit whilst I tried to get myself together. From there they helped me test trade as an SEO consultant/designer.
I'm now self-employed full time offering design and internet marketing services through Fizz Bang Interactive.

I've so far been a finalist in 2 business awards and I'm off to the House of Lords very soon to attend a presentation. I'm building a solid core of clients, including a company that owns several high profile online bingo sites and Endemol (doing internet marketing for their Deal or No Deal brand). I got the latter contract just this week so it's been very exciting.

I'm so glad that I left that job. God knows how I would have ended up if I had stayed. If you're thinking about going self-employed I would say "go for it!". It's been the best decision I have ever made.

Emma

Twitter: @fizzbangseo

Stuart.C
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey!

Good to hear that everything has worked out, so well done :)

Do let us know how the House of Lords trip goes!

Stuart

N.V.Wells
10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
That is great stuff. Do you mind me asking what you where on incapacity for? and what the test trade situation is about. PM or email if you would rather not say on a public forum.

Nick

allout22
10-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Its great to see someone follow their dreams and believe in what they can do.

gqbabe
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
fantastic news. congrats and all the best.

bigstu
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Really good to hear this! All the best from all at SLW.

Cheers