PDA

View Full Version : How to find the name of the person I need to contact?

SophieM
22-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Hello

I am trying to contact businesses (varying from restaurants to lawyers) and need to find the name of the correct person to talk to. Obviously I need to ring up/email the company, but how should I word what I want. I am after the person in charge of marketing the business/the manager. Is that the best term to use?

Thanks if you can offer any kind of help :D

Sophie

AlexanderSmith
22-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I would ask to speak to whoever is incharge of (looks after) public relations, usually will get you to the right person, but just my thoughts.

Regards

JoshMA
23-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I've had to do this several times. The easiest way is to call up the company in question and be very nice with the receptionist, she knows who speaks to who and when: so is generally a very good person for finding out the who's who.

I'd go in and ask for the person with responsibility over the company's marketing the business. If they say they have no one who does that, then go for the MD, manager, owner etc etc

Xander_Marketing
24-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Sophie,

I have to do this all the time. I usually just ask 'who is the best person to speak to about marketing?'. 99% of the time I will either be put through to that person, the person I'm speaking to will ask that person if they want to be speak to me or I'll be given their name.

Alex