PDA

View Full Version : I'm featured in The Independent tomorrow

Midas
19-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd spread the word that I will be featured in The Independent's educational supplement tomorrow. Keep an eye out for it.

Kind regards,

Gav.

ekinnee
19-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, I'll definitely keep an eye out!

Kaizen Print
19-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Well done Gav. Excellent job. Thats a few already this year?

Baldykev
19-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Well done...will def be getting a copy

It also prompted me to look at your website and I must say it is impressive
Easy to navigate and the service offered fully explained in simple terms as well as good examples of what you have provided to clients

Well done on both counts!

Midas
20-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Has everyone seen it? I'm on the fifth page.

Thanks Kaizen. Always up for a bit of PR!

Thanks for your kind words Baldykev, it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gav.

paul_1daylater
22-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey that's great publicity

Did you get that through a PR agency or manage it yourself?

buddinghealth
23-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Awesome - congratulations! Have you noticed any additional business or enquries from it?

Midas
24-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I managed it myself (with a little help from the people at Shell Livewire - thanks Oliver).

We haven't noticed any 'direct' business enquiries from it as such, however this isn't 'direct' marketing, so we didn't expect any.

It is certainly good for raising general brand identity though, and we expect it to have a positive impact in the long-term.

Kind regards,

Gav.

ian37a
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Well done. Would you be happy to add a bit more detail about how you went about getting the coverage? And have you done this many times before without getting any coverage or was this the first time and it worked?

Thanks

Midas
25-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Ian,

I've been featured in The Independent and The Guardian before via The Open University. I've also been featured in the local newspapers. So this wasn't the first time.

I actually replied to a post by Paul Lancaster (Shell Livewire's web development executive) some time ago regarding a media opportunity that was related to my personal situation. My details were then, I presume, placed on file, and I have since been contacted once or twice regarding other opportunities.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Gav.

go4it
25-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I've not read or seen it but was it with regards to not going to uni, a profile of someone who chose not to go to Uni and start a business?

Midas
26-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi go4it,

No, I actually went to uni AND set my own business up.

Kind regards,

Gav.

go4it
26-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi go4it,

No, I actually went to uni AND set my own business up.

Kind regards,

Gav.

Cool - just wondering what the jist of the article was as I missed it on Sunday. I thought that they might have done a 'didn't go to uni and set up business' article but good to see they did the opposite. I'm very pro-uni and it's good to see people go into business using the skills they got at Uni. Good luck!

Midas
27-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi go4it,

The general theme was indeed a 'didn't go to uni (or dropped out of uni) and set up business' editorial. I suppose my story broke the theme a little in that sense.

Good to hear that you're pro-uni. Me too, as you would expect.

I often think that the entrepreneurs we regularly see in the media (Richard Branson, Duncan Bannatyne, Alan Sugar etc.) are too quick to dismiss the benefits of academic knowledge in relation to becoming successful in business.

Evidently, you don't need a strong academic background to be successful, but I can honestly say that it helped me when setting my company up and establishing a strategic plan for the future.

Kind regards,

Gav.

P.S. I only just realised you were based in Sheffield. We're based in Rotherham, right next door to you!

ekinnee
02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
In addition to the great piece on Gavin and Midas Copy, the article also features previous Shell LiveWIRE 'Grand Ideas' winner, Fred Ryall!

Click image to enlarge

http://www.shell-livewire.org/store/1251888670.639LID0.jpg (http://www.shell-livewire.org/store/1251887481.848LID0.jpg)