PDA

View Full Version : Clothing

AlexanderSmith
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Me again. We being in the events industry go through a fair amount of clothing. Between handing out event t-shirts to our staff for each event, new shirts for each year, promotional t-shirts, t-shirts for event participants, commemerative t-shirts etc.

I am looking to see if any of you have any good contacts in this industry. We are using a number of different companies at the moment, but none of them are great in terms of the cost or quality, and would love to hear your thoughts.

Particularly I am looking to get new uniform for our full time staff to wear day in day out, nice and simple embroided logo on polo shirts for this. We only need a few so the run is small. I also want to get a couple of coats done etc.

My biggest issue is my lack of budget for this right now, so its comming from my personal pocket again (because - I am sure it will be worth it), so any thoughts or if any of you are currently offering then please do get in touch.

Kind Regards.

Alex

Alyssa Rose
08-08-2009, 08:29 PM
hi there, most people i know buy cheap t-shirts (say some market,even primark! or abroad import etc) then just get some one over here to embroider or print the logos, they are cheap, works out bout 1.50 per t-shirt to get it embroidered, best thing to do is go local, they can usually do you a good deal for sticking to local business's, thats what a lot of people i know do, they own bars etc so i dunno if thats any help!

laura x :D

AlexanderSmith
08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I've been trying, but I'm getting chargd around 8 for the embroidery, its only one colour too.

quality could be better so need to find the complete package for cheaper.

Alex

turnkeyit
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi Alex,

I use my local guy, he charges about 8 for embroidery too. Printing is about 4.50ish, depending on size.

I normally buy my t-shirts/polos from M&S or Tescos/Asda.

As Laura says, it's best to go local, most places on the internet charge quite a lot more than that.

Alyssa Rose
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
hi ya i cant remember who my friend uses but its in nottingham some where and im telling you they are cheap (he is very tight with his money so it must be and im sure he reckons it was around 1.50 - 1-75 per shirt) try googling or google touch nottingham, (thats local business search engine) that way at least you can compare prices and see what people are offering. :)

Laura

AlexanderSmith
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Ive had a real problem with my printers today and Ive written my first ever blog about it. Its a bit long but I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback (feel free to skip to the section entitled The Rant when in the blog).

http://www.shell-livewire.org/network/Project1Group/blog/549/

Really appreciate any feedback (Will be acting on feedback tomorrow mid day)

Alex

YorkshireFlyers
12-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm in the printing industry, we don't have the capablities (i.e. the correct printer) to print T-Shirts. We could probably knock something togeter, but it would be poor quality, so if someone asks me to print T-Shirts, I tell them the truth.

Sounds as if your printers have the same problem as me but lack the decency to tell you.

Re: the blog.
I suggest you take all the T-shirts back, get your refund and take your business elsewhere!!

miloumlx
15-08-2009, 10:15 AM
We work with a company called Spreadshirt who is in charged of all the printing, customer service and delivery of our products. We actually provide the designs, logos, illustrations, etc. and they print them on a product. It can be T-Shirts, mugs, jackets, pants, aprons, caps, etc. You can give it a try. The best thing is that they print from 1 product.
Check them out ;)

AlexanderSmith
15-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I had a look at them a while back. I thought their prices were quite high, as they charge a certain amount, and then you can choose to set up a store with them to resale?

Alex

Alyssa Rose
15-08-2009, 08:13 PM
hey just a thought, you can buy t-shirt transfer paper (i did one a few years back) i made a ghost busters t-shirt everyone had thought i bought it! the paper costs about 10 but you would be able to get loads of t-shirts done with it, you literally use your own printer then iron it on... the more expensive the paper the better the quality (obviously) I dont know if thats any help but its worth a look. I used to get my paper from WH smiths.

Laura :D

AlexanderSmith
15-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Laura,

Thanks for that. Sadly Ive used them in the past, and they are not ideal for our uses.

Alex

Alyssa Rose
16-08-2009, 10:15 PM
ah well i tried :D hope you find something soon!

laura x

Baldykev
16-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Alex..can you mail me details of exactly what you need
shirt size
coat size and type - hood/no hood
trouser sizes
do you want fleece's as well?

let me know the colour and quantity of each you need

My man in China deals direct with the factories and they owe him a few favours..not promising anything but will give it a shot for you

We establish contacts and if we can find a good supplier for you to use then no reason why you cannot get event shirts lined up for them to make cheaper....but I got to say 8 a shirt is expensive to my way of thinking.....either there is a large demand or no one wants to own this sector of the market

....now there IS an idea to look at, cos if your finding it difficult then other must as well...supply and demand!

Baldy

AlexanderSmith
17-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Baldy,

Ive just had my latest batch printed locally, hence my rant on the blogs. However, when I next need my requirements I will send you an email, if thats okay. I understand you may not be able to do anything with it, but if you could help out in anyway, well, I just have no contacts in China (yet).

Sadly 8 is the normal unless your looking to get large quantities, which we generally dont. We get lots of small runs, becuase we need limited stocks for each event.

Alex

Baldykev
17-08-2009, 12:55 PM
No worries Alex
Will try to help if I can

Just looked in to the cost of the embroidery machine..approx 4K new
Large capital out lay but if you try and cost it out to how many events you use a year and add in your growth factor compared to what your paying now it may be worth considering.

Your costs would be reduced considrably as all you pay for is the garments

Also add in some work you can do for local firms who also need short runs (clubs/pubs/doorstaff etc) then the investment may become worth while

Another way to overcome the large capital out lay is to lease one of these machines...again this will depend on the number of events you do per year etc.

If you do more events then your profit is bieng erroded by the costs of "customising" your staff's uniform to make them, and your company look proffesional.

Always try to find ways of cutting your costs to maximise profit - why should your hard work make some other guy profit, from basic things you need to enhance your corporate image, when you can do it yourself

As your company grows you will need to find a solution to this problem, as the number of events you take on increases so will your out lay - work on it now to save time later when you have 100 and 2 other things to do...esspecialy if you get a big contract

Baldykev
17-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Mentioned your problem to Jack in China...he knows a guy who may help..e-mail details when ready

baldy

essdee
17-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Alex

Please let me know your exact requirements. My contacts can beat any of the quotes you have mentioned (have had some initial conversations on your behalf). I'm not in this business myself, but I'll be doing at the least you and someone else a favour.

Regards

AlexanderSmith
18-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi There essdee,

I will happily get my requirements through to you as well as Baldy, next time we need a run doing. For now I have a current quote that I have paid for, and will not be using the company again, through poor customer service and poor service quality.

When I next need a run however, Ill send you both a PM.

Regards

Alex

cambilla
18-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Alex,

We have been shortlisted for the July liveWire prize. We are a small up and coming clothing company with the capability of doing most things in house, and if not have great trade contacts who can do the complicated stuff at great rates. Best of all, its all done in the UK and you speak to me, so things are exactly how you want them. No set up charges either, we think they are just a con and not what the client wants. Also, we deal with students, so value for money is paramount!

Will

flyingfromsky
19-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Korean wholesale fashion is one of chinese leading wholesale clothing distributors dedicated to wholesale of women's clothing,We provide wholesale korean fashion from tops, halter tops, to strap tops, from skirts to dresses, from Jackets to t-shirts, Wholesaleclothing4u.com will never let you down. More imformation in http://www.wholesaleclothing4u.com

Blinky
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey Alex

I know the perfect people to talk to for anyone after uniform/clothing etc

a compnay ive used many a time and recomend to bands/clothing lines, race teams and use for my promo team.

they are clothing express, a great team, fast turn around, cheap, good quality and expereicned in everything from promo tees to veyr high end bespoke full embroidary, they often do full team gear for some of the race teams.

http://www.clothingexpress.co.uk/

AlexanderSmith
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Cheers Chris

Regards