PDA

View Full Version : Looking for discussion

Quentina
30-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Instead of just thinking and planning without seeing a real responses, I start up my translation and design for tees freelance services. I am not the professioal, just having the passion of doing them.

After I set up website for those services, I keep finding a way to promote them, such is put an announcement on twitter and imeem, submitted to Google. I tried the method I could think of.

But I found a really big problem in my freelance services. I don't have any unique selling point, that weaken me in the market. Besides, what I am doing now is, I put myself in a market, and compete within the market. And now, how could I make the situation become the market come to me? Is there another way besides of getting a unique selling point?

So, my discusson area is how would you create a market that you are the only supplier and how would you make the market come to you but not you chasing after market ;)

ardeer
30-07-2009, 11:39 AM
hi quentina,

It is going to be unlikely (and probably counter productive) to try and create a market in which you are the only supplier. I say this because even if you find a product/service that no one else is providing, and protect the idea as much as you can via copyright and patent laws, it is still entirely possible (and probable) that someone will find another angle to provide your service/product.

I think it is better to focus on your product, create your own usp rather than a whole market. Every product/service will have at least one (you) so even if it is your personality and passion for your company that is your usp then go for it.

Hope this helps

Quentina
20-08-2009, 03:57 PM
hi ardeer,

Thanks for your reply and explanation, I'm impressed. And sorry for the late reply.

So, about the usp, would you mind to evaluate more please? For example, how could one decide the usp of a product/service? depend of the market demand or think creatively?

I have finally found a usp for my translation freelancing. Instead of doing translation for everything, I focus on translation on biochemistry field. That would help me to stand out of from the crowd. But for the tees design, I still can't figure out where the usp could be.

Really glad that there is a place for me to discuss my ideas and problem.

Quentina
21-08-2009, 03:37 AM
You got a point, Dave ;)

So you would suggest that usp is not necessary when it comes to business to customer, but the quality and professional. Lets assume that, a product/servce has no usp, price is not cheaper and can be found somewhere esle, what could we do to get more customer?

Thanks for the reply too :)

Quentina
21-08-2009, 03:41 PM
mmm.....great marketing stratergy. Alright, I think its time for me to let my brain rock again.