PDA

View Full Version : Short-term Contracts

turnkeyit
01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to find a 3-month rolling contract template. I've found a couple on the web, but they are all american law based, which is not perfect.

Does anyone have a sample I could have a look at to get some ideas?

Basically, I'm in the need for a contract, which in essence is for a company to use my consultancy services, but they need to give me 3-months notice if they wish to cancel the consultancy service.

If anyone has any advice or a template I would be appreciated.

Thanks!

m8internet
01-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Have you tried to get quotes from a few local lawyers?
Given the contract may change it would be better to have a legally correct contract rather than a template one that could be circumvented and abused, with one or more hidden errors and get-outs

My local solicitor does contracts for about 100 plus VAT, with updates at 40 plus VAT

turnkeyit
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey,

Thanks for you advice.

I don't really want to have to pay for a contract to be made, it doesn't need to be water-tight I just need the basis in-place, before I start working there.

m8internet
02-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by turnkeyit
I don't really want to have to pay for a contract to be made, it doesn't need to be water-tight I just need the basis in-place, before I start working there
If it doesn't need to be water tight, then there is no point having a contract!
Equally the other party might want it to be water tight and send it to their legal department / legal representative as part of the due diligence process