PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on Weekend Special Offer

Slinger
27-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Hello Livewires,

I was just wondering what the quickest and best way would be to promote my Weekend Special Offers at the end of each month.

We are hoping to have a special offer weekend starting tomorrow evening and finishing on Sunday but as it is Thursday already what is the fastest and cheapest way to promote this Pay Day Sale. Any ideas would be very greatful.

If you haven't visited our site yet you can find us at www.funky-fashion.co.uk

Netcomm UK
27-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Google Adwords would take effect immediately that you confirm your billing details.

https://adwords.google.com

HTH

Paul

Slinger
28-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the Advise Paul but wouldn't this cost alot of money to reach alot of people?

We are hoping to slash our prices so that we just break even and don't make a profit this way we are getting new customers to try our service and see how reliable we are. Do you think this is a good idea and a good way of getting new customers?

Kind Regards,

Salubritas
28-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Google AdWords is a good service but it takes some learning and very careful tracking of sales, leads, visits etc. to know if your Ads are really working. You need to be able to compare the cost of acquiring a new customer who came via AdWords and the cost of a new customer who came through your normal channel - virtually zero if you normal channel is web search. Its a good solution to your problem but you need to take time to explore it properly.

You could announce the offer in advance on your web site so you have a chance of the text getting picked up by search engines, but you run the risk that customers will wait until the offer kicks in rather than buying there and then.

You could run advertisements in local newspapers, or hand out leaflets in city centres, near tube/train stations, univeristies - wherever you think your target audience congregates.

Make postings on appropriate discussion forums, news groups. Do you know any friendly web sites with the right kind of visitors who will put a banner up with your offer for free or little money?

I'm about out of ideas on that for now...

Good luck!

Slinger
28-11-2003, 11:41 AM
On the subject of Universities, does anyone know where we could get mailing addresses for all the student unions in the UK ?

Is their any websites that lists all of the Unions in the UK ?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Statler
28-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi,

You should find what you're looking for at:

http://www.stu.uea.ac.uk/info/uksu

Slinger
28-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Cheers Starksy, that website will be really helpful with our promotions and marketing.

Our Pay Day Weekend is now up and running please can you have a look and see what you think of our promotion at www.funky-fashion.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Salubritas
28-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Your promotion is looking good. Here are a few comments that might be helpful:

- Home Page: Need to shout about it far more. I didn't even notice the text about the offer until I looked for it. Once a visitor reaches your home page you really have to grab them quickly or they will leave in a few seconds.

- Create more of a sense of urgency. It says 'Weekend Bonanza' on the product pages but how do I know if its every weekend, one weekend per month, or just a one-off? If you want people to buy there are then because its cheaper they need to know when the offer ends.

- Unrelated to the offer: your logo does not link to the home page. I know you have a separate home link but many people do not look for such things, they know the conventions and try to follow them and get annoyed if a site does not behave how they expect it to.

Hope that helps

kermey
29-11-2003, 11:03 PM
I donít know if this is any good to you or not but a friend has told me today about Amazons Market Place, may generate a few extra sales for you. They also do Auctions I think.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/marketplace

Slinger
30-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Many Thanks for all your advice on promoting the special offer, with just half a day to go it seems like a big success having sold over 25 t-shirts in one weekend.

We are now hoping to get all our new product lines in stock in the next few days so make sure you come and visit us at www.funky-fashion.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Daniel H
30-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Adam... how did you premote it? And how do you promote your site in general?