PDA

View Full Version : Home Entertainment Website (e-commerce)

galleon
10-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Hi,

Im going to be setting up a website selling home entertainment items, such as DVD movies and computer games, and eventually DVD players etc.

I'm pretty good at web design so i can do all that, i can also setup the onliine payments etc, but i need some help with what Tax's etc i have to pay, or any offices i need to register with, and where to get stock from.

So does anyone know where i can get DVD movies, computer games, and general home entertainment stock from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

It would also be great if some of you would be interested in helping with this, like a joint venture kinda thing.

Thanks,

Dedsoldya
19-08-2002, 06:56 PM
look in the yellow pages or thomson directory and even on google or yahoo for electronic wholesalers. I hope you have a lot of cash, the more you buy froma wholesaler the cheaper the items are. I just hope you are able to sell all the items, although a website with good promotion and excessive advertising would be great. If you have any more questions post here and ill get back to you when i come back off holiday. This is an interesting idea, if you have a website please post it.

galleon
19-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Hi, i'm going to selling computer related items to begin with, as this will hopefully attract customers.

I then want to expand to the DVD's and the Home Entertainment section, i was originally going to do home entertainment only but i couldnt find any good or reliable wholesalers.

Advertising and promotion, how would i go about launching a successfull advertising campaign for a site that sells computer and home entertainment goods?

Thanks,

Dedsoldya
19-08-2002, 07:27 PM
basically if you are going into computer and electronic goods then you will need to connect with those who are interested and want these goods. Therefore advertsing in computer and electronic goods magazines would be a good start. Also on websites based on electronic and computer goods. Your local paper and even a better known paper would be an idea for advertising in. You must set a target market and advertise for this market. e.g. families, teens etc. you could even print some leaflets and distribute door to door in your area. But make sure you are targeting the right customers other wise its a waste of time. The magazine advertising would be the best idea. Then the radio once your business is up and running. Where abouts in the UK are you.

galleon
19-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I'm situated in Leicestershire. Theres the Leicester Mercury that i could post some information in, or the regional leicester papers, which cover a few towns each. Theres also some online sites for Leicestershire i could get a spot on.

Do you think getting listed in the Yellow Pages would be worth it?

Dedsoldya
01-09-2002, 02:55 PM
advertising in the yellow pages is a good idea, eveyone has it, however advertising on online websites would mean you are expanding your service to a larger number which is better.

Blankmediaworld
15-07-2003, 10:01 PM
www.The.co.uk

Sell music cd's, dvd's etc at trade prices, i used to work for Sainsburys and thats we they got there stuff from

Mike